Looper in Global Rackspace - Reset?

After reading @npudar post about looping. I thought about implementing a looper into my Global Rackspace. I decided on MSuperLooper and find it to be very flexible and with the use of a Morningstar MC8, I can now control the looper to have it available in every preset. Fantastic!! The flexibility in GP is amazing.

Because it’s in the Global Rackspace, I can switch variations and I think even rackspaces and it will continue to work.

I want to reset it when switching songs (or potentially rackspaces) and I’ve saved my default state as a GP Preset in SuperLooper. I’m sure this is an easy one (and I have looked at the scripting section of the forum) but my question is how to set up a script that loads the default looper preset (essentially resetting it) upon a change in rackspace (or better yet song).

Thanks

MM

With scripting you can load a saved GP preset

Easy for you! :slight_smile: Do you need to define the plug in and does it matter whether in the global rackspace or not? I’m looking at the manual as I speak but this stuff is a work in process for me.

MM

I will create a small gig with blue3 as an example in global rackspace.
I do not have the looper plugin. Das

Virtual beer my friend! I’m sure I can substitute from there once I understand what you are doing!

MM

Here is what I tried. No luck

Var
Preset : Widget
Looper : PlugInBlock

On Rackspace(oldRackspaceIndex : integer, newRackspaceIndex : integer)
LoadGPPreset( Looper, “Default” )

End

Is that code executed when you switch a local rackspace?

It won’t compile. It says

GLOBAL RACKSPACE (GlobalRackspace) - Semantic error in “Main”: Line 4, Col 13: Type not found: PlugInBlock

Ok, did you give a gpscript handle to your looper plugin?

Yes - I called it Looper

What script did you use?
Gig script
Rackspace script?
Global rackspace script?

Global. I thought because the plug in is in the Global Rackspace??

Ok, syntax error
You have to use PluginBlock and not PlugInBlock

That made it compile. Now I get this

The widget ‘Preset’ is declared in a script but does not exist in the rackspace called ‘GLOBAL RACKSPACE’

Remove Preset : Widget
You do not need it

You are the man! Thanks so much!!!

MM

Is it working?

Perfect. For a Looper this is great because it resets all the controls and clears out any loops from the prior one.

I assume thee is a similar command for a song change?

THANK YOU!!

MM

Now I grant you your first badge for GP script

3 Likes

I tried. That’s how you learn!.Thanks for the guidance!

MM

2 Likes