Looking for set list management from iPad

Trying to work out a solution to be able to manage Gig Performer from my iPad. I’ve looked at a few of the OSC tools like Lemur but so far they seem to kind of miss the mark for what would be useful. Really just looking for something that will provide a setlist and lead sheets/chord charts that I can just select an item in the setlist and have the leadsheet pull up on the ipad and change the song in the setlist in Gig Performer. Anyone seen something that would fit that use case?

on Mac with sidecar this would be done very easy.

The Chordpro window can be moved to another desktop window and this desktop window can be shown on iPad using sidecar or duet

on Windows there is similar

Thanks, That might work… I’ll check it out although I really hate the chordpro viewer. Rather have something that gives more flexibility on the view. Like a PDF viewer. I think Bandhelper may do what I need, did some digging into the screenshots and found something similar to what I’m looking to do.

Dan

Are you on Mac?
On Mac you can use directly PDF-Files in the ChordPro Window

You could also have closer look at “Onsong” (if you didn’t already):

There are some users here who succesfully use this app in combination with Gig Performer.

I use forScore on an iPad to do exactly what you describe

1 Like

I’ve tried selecting a pdf when in GIG performer and they are always greyed out. Are you using a separate app?

I’ll check it out

Dan

Just checked it out. Looks like the app only does notation, and not lead sheet / chord charts. I’ve never been able to sight read notation so that one will probably not work for me.

Dan

Try this

Try this syntax in the chordpro file
{image: “/Users/thaddausweindl/Documents/Partituren/Comfortably Numb 1.pdf”}
{image: “/Users/thaddausweindl/Documents/Partituren/Comfortably Numb 2.pdf”}

1 Like

I’ll try that out. It would be a very cool option.

Dan

I’ll check it out

Dan

Looks like the iPad and Laptop would have to be on a wireless network for this to work beyond just Bluetooth. A definite downside as I don’t connect my laptop to any networks during a performance to avoid issues. I could potentially connect and share via a router not connected to the internet, but that would also mean carrying a router in addition to the other equipment.

Dan

That is exactly what I do - it’s built into the 19" rack that carries my other gear (audio interface, IEM transmitter and such things)

1 Like

Think I’m going to land with BandHelper. There is a way to get exactly the view I am looking for with it so I’m going to give it a go and see if I can figure out how to connect it in to Gig Performer

Dan

I don’t know bandhelper but as long as it can send midi messages (like program changes) when you select a song, you should be fine

Is there something else that needs to be added to the Chordpro file other than that line? I tried and it pulls up with a question mark rather than opening the PDF. I have Adobe Reader installed and made it my default for opening PDFs

Set List Maker —> http://www.setlistmaker.com/

I have a wireless router attached to my PC – Then I VNC into my PC with my IPAD and I also run setlist maker. This way I can change songs with setlist maker, and watch what’s going on with GP on my PC. Because I’m VNC’d in, I can do anything on my PC. – Seeing both gives me peace of mind at gigs.

I split the screen on my IPAD so I see both.

This is a working example on my machine

{image: “/Users/t/Documents/Partituren/Comfortably Numb 1.pdf”}