Load a .wav file

Sorry to ask this but it’s a year since I last did it. How do I load an audio file please? I have it as a .wav file but the audio player can’t see it. Do I need to change the file format?

There is several ways to load audio files into an Audio File Player.

You can click on the “load” icon within the audio file player. Each audio lane has a load button.
You can drop one or more files onto the audio file player and they will get loaded
You can load an entire folder containing audio files by clicking on the button in the top right corner of an audio file payer.

It should all be in our online user guide here: https://gigperformer.com/docs/userguide/audiofileplayer.html

There is a specific section explaining how to load audio files.

1 Like

Are you sure the file extension is really ‘.wav’? Maybe there is a space character in it, which can not be seen at the first glance…
Try to rename it to something simple, like ‘testfile.wav’

Yes, I’ve checked and it is a .wav file. I just had the wav file sitting on the desktop and the audio player would not/could not see it. So I placed the wav in a folder, clicked on the load directory icon, selected the folder and then clicked ok. Then the file loaded. I couldn’t even drag and drop the file in. It’s probably Windows just being difficult.