Latch value from controller

I have a Roland Fantom G that I use as my main keyboard currently. On that keyboard I have 8 sliders. In the system options for these sliders, I can choose to turn on latch mode, which means I must cross the default value of the slider to change the value. This avoids making sudden changes in the value when I move the slider between patches.

I’ve grown used to using that function, but it doesn’t work when I’m controlling my external rig for obvious reasons. I’m thinking scripting could be the answer, but I’m not sure where I would start. Any tips or ideas on how this might be implement with scripting?

Thanks for any help or pointers! FYI, I’m a software dev, so no issues writing the code myself, just need ideas.

Widgets in Gig Performer can be set to Catch mode which is the same concept — when you attach an external slider to a widget in Catch mode, the widget won’t respond until you cross over its current position.
screenshot_6618

3 Likes

Hi @cquick, as you have seen in @dhj’s answer, you will have to find another pretext to program a GPScript. But don’t worry, in the GP community forum, many users will give you ideas for GPScript. :wink:

1 Like

Awesome! Didn’t know that was there!

Don’t worry, I already have ideas that I’m working on!

3 Likes