Kontakt 5 issue with GP

I use NI Kontakt for most of my live performances, as I replaced my hardware synths with samples of them. I have setup rackspaces for my patches, and my Akai MPK88 controller keyboard has faders that I want to assign to control different volumes for different sections/splits/samples in Kontakt.
I use midi cc19 and cc18 assigned as volume controls for a second or third part and cc7 as my base overall patch volume.

The issue is that when I assign (learn, with the fader movement) a knob to display those midi cc# changes, the knob on the rackspace turns, but kontakt doesn’t respond to it.
When I unassign the knob and it is blank, kontakt resumes responding to the faders. It seems Gigperformer is grabbing the midi cc data for the knob, but not passing it on.

I use kontakt stand alone, and not the komplete kontrol hosting software. Don’t know if that would make a difference, but really want to see the feedback on screen with the fader movements.

Yes, Gig Performer is working as designed. You should be using host automation in your Kontakt plugins to control parameters rather than MIDI.

(NB I used to use the MPK88, I know exactly your scenario)

So assign the sliders of the Alaistair to widgets (possibly using the rig manager to give the sliders names so you don’t have to keep learning the Slider MIDI events).

In Kontakt, associate host ids with the parameters of interest then you will be able to assign Gig Performer widgets to those parameters via the ids.
Trust me, it works great, I do this all the time myself.