Jump rack spaces

Hi All,

Please help. I have 10 rack spaces and I need to jump to a specific rack space at any time using midi or keyboard. Like I am playing Rack space #1 and now I need to jump to #9 next. Thanks so much for your help.

By default, Gig Performer rackspaces (actually the first variation, typically called Default) should respond to program changes automatically.

screenshot_3815

In this example (I just created a brand new gigfile and added three rackspaces), the numbers on the left indicate the program change numbers.

If you want to use different numbers, just click on a variation and then you can set a different program change.

screenshot_3816

Thanks so much DHJ. Another question for you. I am very new to Gig Performer. During my try out with different rack spaces, I map the “Gain Control” from each rack space to the Volume Slider on my keyboard. However, when I change the rack space, it uses the volume the last time of that rack space. Is there a way to have one Volume Slider on my keyboard through multiple rack spaces. Like the real keyboard volume slider…if I pull it down close to 0 then when switching any patch on keyboard the volume is the same. Thanks.

You should not map the gain control in the upper of the screen.
This is the main gain control for the complete Audio Stream and not related to any rackspace!

Better you use a widget to control a “Gain Control” Plugin which is placed before your Audio Out.

Each Rackspace will have its own mixing at the bottom. We are working on some updates that will allow you some other configurations, but if you want to control the global trim level - you can use the Master Fader. Go to Options->Global MIDI Settings and learn your fader for the “Master Fader” option and you will be able to independently control the master level with that one fader regardless of the Rackspace.

Thanks Pianopaul. I did this already and have already created the widget knob. I even mapped this widget knob to the volume slider on my physical keyboard 88 keys. My question is…can we use the same widget knob or my volume slider to control multiple rack spaces. The problem now is each rack space has different volume of “Gain Control” when I switch to it. On the normal keyboard, when I pull down the volume slider to 30% and when I switch the patch like the same as switching rack space…the volume is the same at 40% for all the patches. However, on the other hand, here is my problem.

1. the first rack space I already had my volume slider to 80% then I play. It is too loud so I pull down the volume slider to 40%. I continue to play solo…everything is good.
  2. I switch to the second rack space to play solo with different instrument…even though the physical "volume slider’ on my keyboard is at 40%; However, the second rack space is too loud at 80%. it remembers the volume the last time I used it.

-Is there a way when I pull down the physical “volume slider” or virtual Knob that will be able to control the same volume for all the rack spaces. Thanks much.

Yes - take a look at my previous post.
The mixer at the bottom is typically either not used or if it is in use it is to balance your various sounds properly. To control the master output - use the Master Fader option.

1 Like

Oh I did not know that. Let me try that later this after and let you know. Thanks again. Any recommended audio interface to play vst through Gig Performer? I am using Focusrite 2i4 and Presonus Audiobox. I have one rack space with 3 Ominisphere instruments. I hear crackles a lot on Presonus Audiobox. On the other hand, the Focusrite 2i4 only happens in every minute. I just don’t know what to do to get rid of the crackles. Thanks.

What are your audio settings - e.g. Sample rate and buffer size?

Do you use all three at the same time?

I have tried both 41000 and 48000 also 256 and 512 on both audio interfaces. It has the same issue. And yes I used those 3 at the same time (Piano, String and Jupiter). They are all from Ominisphere. Thanks.

I like to add…I have used the same Presonus Audiobox, same computer…everything the same with 3 instruments in Ableton Live 10 then I don’t have issue.

Can you use just 1 instance of Omnisphere in Multi Mode?

I can’t because I have to split the keyboard. I only want the Jupiter to be on the last 30 keys of my 88 keys keyboard. The first 52 keys are Piano and String. Can I use Multi Mode with splitting as well?

Yes, that is very easy in Omnipshere
You can switch between different modes

Here Stack mode is explained:

One of them has the possibilty to define key ranges.
But you could also use the multi mode, each sound reacts on a different midi channel.
Now you would include 3 MIDI In Plugins and map the incoming midi channel to each a different one.
And in each MIDI In plugin you define the keyrange and you are ready to go.
In Omnisphere you can route each sound to a different output and then you can route each output to a different gain control in Gig Performer.
This way you can control the level of each sound outside of the plugin.
And you can easily transpose each sound in the MIDI In Plugin.
Sounds a little bit difficult, but believe me it is not :wink:

Thanks. Does it help with crackles? Is Stack Mode approach better and save CPU?

It helps because Omnisphere is only loaded once.
In earlier days I used mainstage and I had CPU problems.
Then I switched to multi mode and it helped.

In Gig Performer I am using sometimes more than 1 instance of Omnisphere and I have no issue.
What version of Omnispere are you using?

I don’t remember right of hand. I find out after work today. Thanks much. I will try it tonight as well.