Installation of 1.8.3 through opening dialog did not work

I am using a Mac mini 17 16GB Ram 1Terabyte HDD, Opening Gig Performer yesterday I was alerted to the new update through a window that appeared after the gig I was using opened. It gave several options and I chose install and restart. After the updated downloaded it supposedly started to install but failed. The program itself when I reopened it started getting finicky crashing on the change of a variation or after running for awhile. This required several restarts during rehearsal and once during the church performance where it just stopped responding and required a restart. I sent several reports bacj though the dialog that came up and got no response. The first time I looked the website link went to 1.8.2 which is what I was running. Last night that appeared to have been updated to 1.8.3. I did an install with the program shut down not running and had a successful install and nothing strange happening so far but I didn’t run it for a long time. I am hoping things are straightened out. I haven’t gotten any responses to my reports. Are they getting through?
Dan

We had a minor screw up with the 1.8.2 release which we fixed quickly. I would just download the new version manually and install it.
You could drag your old version from /Applications into the trash first to be sure.