Initialize a plugins Volume (CC7)

Cool!

What does " SendNowRespectingParameters" do differently than “SendNow(”?

Can you post the link for the GP Script Syntax. I am at work now and forgot it. Thank you. :slight_smile:

SendNow sends just out from the MIDI In Block.
SendNowRespectingParameters simulates the message which comes into the MIDI In Block.
Lowest/highest Notes, Scale parameter, Filtered Parameter - that all is “respected”

https://gigperformer.com/docs/GPScript36/content/reference/list-of-functions.html

Phil, for me it works.
The Midi In shows the Min - Max values for hardware In and Out after the transforming Midi Module.
Normally it works on all Channels. Don’t confuse with Velocity On and Off! The transforming affects velocity ON and in the monitor you find also velocity Off with different values.

If you wish to treat the channels seperately I would suggest to use more than one Midi In and filter there all exept from what you want to treat.
But in your case, of you want to treat all Midichannels the standard Midi In and all checkboxes on should do the job. (For me it does)

BTW. Is there a possibility to filter special eventtypes in the monitor?
it is hard to se exactly what happens with velo ON if there are also a mass of CC11 and Velo Off and other things in between.

Our MIDI accordions send a lot of CC data especially expression. The trick is to allow some of it to come through and just thin in out. We just need a script to do this. .As for setting a default volume for a plugin, that is easy. Dealing with the velocity curve is a little tricky.

If you take a look at the latest script, it catches velocity (any velocity, I believe) and scales it according to my algorithm which is working for me now.

Download the Rackspace that I posted and load it into GP on your computer and give it a try. You will see that I used 3 different MIDI blocks. One each for MIDI Channel 4, 5 and 6 respectively. Open up the MIDI block I created for channel 4 and take a look at it. That MIDI block should only allow data from MIDI channel 4 to get through it. … but it is also picking up MIDI data from channel 5 (which is coming from my FR-4x Orch-Bass). This is wrong. I am pretty sure that using “SendNowRespectingParameters” rather than “SendNow” will correct the problem in the script.

1 Like

I guess i did all wrong.
I loaded your Gig and the first thing to do was to change the real Midi In (right click and select my midi in)
Your Settings leaved untouched.
Despite of this I see all channels in the monitor.

Alias? For this Gig, for all Gigs? I understood it years ago, now i have to learn new what it means and how it works.

How looks the script?
Are you sure you use the script with SendNowRespectingParameters?

Yes, Phil sent me the latest Gig.

I would like show you, but now I struggle mit OBS on the new Laptop.
Cam rec works, Mic rec works, Window rec works, Desktop rec works not :woozy_face:
First things first - I come back.

Using this function has made all the difference in the latest script as it now functions as I intended.

1 Like