How to delete a widgets assignment?

I mistakenly assigned a vertical meter to ‘output volume Ch 2’ rather than to ‘output level ch2’.
I deleted the widget, created a new one but GP won’t allow me to assign to Op vol ch 2. Each time I try to assign the widget, it goes straight back to Op vol Ch2!

How do I delete a widgets assignment ?

I tried to reproduce, but all is working.
Can you upload the problematic gig?

1 Like

Link to a screen recording of the problem

Here’s the file - I’m just setting up a show and trying to get a workflow going.Dreamworld CL 1a.gig (631.3 KB)

Aha, level and output are different things!

Level is the display!

So it makes not sense to map output volume to your level meter.

Yes, I was trying to change it, but I can’t. Every time I try to change from output to level, the mapping jumps back to output

In your video I saw you mapped to the output level 2, why did you press the “Learn” button?
This is not necessary.
The “Learn” button makes sense when you do not want to find the correct entry in the parameter list but want to move the corresponding button/slider etc. in you plugin.

Do you want to control the level of output2 or do you want to display the level?

I want to display the level

Then no need for the learn parameter, you already mapped the correct parameter.

I was trying to get the meter to show the output level for Ch 2, but it jumps to Channel level whenever I try to change it. IF I delete the widget, how can it just jump back to the incorrect mapping?

Take a look at the attached gig, is that what you want?
I connected Audio In with Audio Out and the 2 widgets show the outgoing level.

Level.gig (5.1 KB)

1 Like

I just did it . Thanks !
I thought you had to ‘learn’ everything for it to work/ display

Thanks again!

Fee free to ask, when you need help.

1 Like