How I'm using Gig Performer

Hi,
I finally got everything together and working enough to put up a quick and dirty video with a multi instrument rack space and the track player. Thsi was also a test to get the webcam and Screen event working together so it has its less than perfect moments.
I send links to youtube as opposed to trying to upload video files.

Dan Mackey

LOVE THIS!!!

You should post this on our Gig Performer facebook page.

Well done,

D

Very nice!!

So, one instance of GP on the left, holding all sounds played by your Aerophone and the on right side another instance of GP with the backing tracks.
Although it helps visually see that you are changing sounds, can’t the Aerophone send Program change so you could do it right from the instrument and quicker??
Thanks.

I haven’t seen that controller but my sense is that sending arbitrary program change numbers can’t be easy - how would you specify the actual program change number you wanted? Even from a keyboard, you have to press a sequence of digits to “define” the number you want.

@david Sorry for the detailed, details…
I have played a couple of wind controllers in the past, namely Yamaha WX11 and WX7 (oh, I still have that one)
and for example on the WX7 you have a key for Program Change+octaves, you have access to 1-5 MIDI Program Change.
Later model WX5 it was a combination of Program Change button and instrument keys (notes)
On the AKAI EWI4000 its a combination of three things, Program Change button + instrument keys + blow.
On the Casio DH-100 and DH-200 the tone key cycles thru 0-5 MIDI Program Change.

I did take a look at ROLAND Aerophone AE-10 manual… I don’t see any mention of Program Change :frowning:

There are 128 program changes (and that’s just one bank) — getting access to only 5 of them doesn’t seem particularly useful

Program Change+octaves, you have access to 1-5 MIDI Program Change.
On the Casio DH-100 and DH-200 the tone key cycles thru 0-5 MIDI Program Change

As I said, can’t be easy —

On the AKAI EWI4000 its a combination of three things, Program Change button + instrument keys + blow.

Agree to disagree… Its what it is; better then nothing or reaching for that mouse in a live performance situation.