How do I recover a rigfile?

Hi-

I’ve just discovered that my rigfile has disappeared. I’m not interested in why it disappeared (I’m working on more serious issues, see thread on stability problems in the Mac section).

What I’d like to find out is how to recover it from a backup? Is it saved as part of a gigfile? Or is there somewhere else I should look?

Thanks,

Ezra Herman

Not sure what you mean by a “rigfile”.

A gigfile is a single file that represents everything (songs, rackspaces, plugins etc) other than global preferences (the stuff you configure through the options dialogs). It’s basically an XML file that just gets loaded or saved. We don’t make backups (users should always make backups of their gigfiles) but there is no reason (from Gig Performer’s perspective)that a gigfile would disappear. We are just writing out a text file. I’ve never heard of that process failing

Hi-

Thanks for the response. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I’m talking about the mapping created in Rig Manager. I had an extensive mapping set up for my Arturia Keylab 88. After the issues I’ve written about in other posts I created a new gigfile and couldn’t find the Keylab 88 mapping in the Rig Manager.

I then went back to my original gigfile and saw that the Keylab 88 mapping had disappeared from there as well.

I know now that you can save a mapping by exporting it but unfortunately I hadn’t done that.

I hope this clarifies my issue.

Regards,

Ezra

The rig manager setups are all stored in the global gig performer settings. Obviously you noticed that you can export and import those, but unless you actually deleted your Gig Performer settings file somehow - the setup should be there.

Note that you can have any number of “Rigs” in your rig manager. Did you maybe select the wrong one?

If you still don’t see it - you must have deleted the Gig Performer Settings file somehow. Maybe you restored your drive from a backup or something similar.

1 Like

Thanks, that explains it. I did delete them. When I was trying to stabilize my recalcitrant gigfile I deleted all the settings and the caches.

That also answers the question of how to recover them. Just restore the old global settings.

I appreciate the tremendous support.

Thanks,

Ezra

1 Like