Help please with opening gig performer 3

Don’t try to edit the reg file… do this easy step instead first.

hit your windows key and type “choose default apps by file type”

you’ll get this list alphabetically sorted by extention. scroll down to “.gig” and pick GP 3 or 4 as the default application.

That should at least get you launching GP again from that file. It may or may not be corrupt from there.

Also, never export loads of files to your desktop… always choose a directory path on a drive. Windows effectively holds everything on your desktop in a RAM preview state.

Also… see if your C drive is full? I’ve seen that cause very odd issues and bring a machine to it’s knees.

I tried that, it says choose default apps by file type isn’t available right now

C drive has plenty of space

I found Choose default apps by file type, in the system tools, GP wasn’t listed

I did find it by file type, .gig Gig Performer GIG File, when i clicked on it a box pops up

Choose an app
There is no installed app for this type of file or protocol

Look for the app in the microsoft store

I turned off a bunch of services in the task manager when i optimized my audio, is there any services that should definitely be on that I might have turned off?

Well, i finally installed GP4, work’n great, didn’t solve the problem, but i found a easy work around, not sure why none of us thought of this before, instead of clicking the file to open it, i drag it over the GP icon and it opens right up😁

Or just open from within Gig Performer?

That’s what I meant—to open GP first, then open the gig from within GP, rather than opening the gig file directly.

I’m glad it’s working for you now.

Well, that’s not a workaround, it’s just a different work flow. If you still can’t double-click on a gig file to open it in Gig Performer then something is screwed up in your registry.

Yeh, i get that, but at least this’l get’r done😁