Has the new update changed the Midi Filter order?

This is my own fault for not testing. Updated GP to the latest version and used it on Friday for a gig. There are around 40 songs split into three different gigs and everything worked fine apart from a couple of racks. Went to play synth lines in these racks and nothing came out. Bit surprised but then quickly used a piano sound on another board.
Thought I’d have a look this morning as to why this happened. Both of the synths have one thing in common - a midi filter plugin. This is to stop the plugin receiving program/bank changes (Program change and CC#0 both blocked). Opening the filter I now noticed that the bank change block had changed to Notes being blocked (the program change block was still in place). Has there been a change to the list order in the latest update that has caused this?
I hadn’t used this particular gig since the week before, pre update, and everything worked fine.
Not a big deal to change the filter settings, so more of a heads up in case anyone else encounters this issue. Could you guys create a midi filter in the previous version then update to the new version to check the behaviour?

Arrrggg — my fault - I fall on my sword. A lot of customers wanted the ability to stop (just) notes and when I added that facility, I decided to group it with the other non-CC items rather than just put it at the bottom. I forgot completely that it would impact the parameter order.

We’ll try not to make a change like that again or, if we have to, we’ll make sure that we can detect “older” gigfiles and adjust for the changes.

I hope it wasn’t too much of an embarrassment during a show. I’ve been in that situation with other software, it’s never fun!

No, it wasn’t too bad. After the first instance of silence, which did induce a bit of a sweat, I was ready for it happening again so just switched to a different sound. It only affected three songs and, as usual, the rest of the band didn’t even notice :slight_smile:

Wow — it’s bizarre enough when the audience doesn’t notice (which seems to be most of the time in my experience) but when the band doesn’t notice one starts to wonder why one is there :slight_smile:

Again, I’m sorry about that. I know exactly what it’s like although in my case my experiences are with software crashing (not Gig Performer!) and having to reboot my computer in the middle of a show — talk about sweat!

Remember touring back in the 90’s using a rack mount Windows 98 PC with Logic sequences triggering vocal samples from an EMU sampler. A huge 32MB of memory and a zip disc to hold it all on. Was told at the time by one of the road crew that a computer had no place on stage. Hah…