GSi VB3 controlling rotary speed problem

@David-san, thank you again. It works!!!

1 Like

Great, I am happy for you. It is a little thanks to me and a lot thanks to the GP developers, who offer us the possibility to go beyond the limits of the basic functionalities of a plugin host. The GP script is simply great :+1:

1 Like

Now that you issue is solved, let’s come back to the most intriguing question…
To get closer to your way of thinking, I tried to put myself in the shoes of the musician who uses the real instrument to control its plugin. I first wanted to control VB3 using my B3, but I forgot that my B3 doesn’t have a MIDI interface. So I finally went to control Dexed with my DX7. It didn’t help me much, even if I found many crazy reasons that could have led you to use a Hammond organ clone your control a B3 plugin. But to tell you the truth, there’s only one reason I’d like to know: yours ! So, please tell us why ?! :nerd_face:

@David-san, it’s simple. I mix both audio signals through my MODX (Hammond goes through audio input, VB3 through built-in USB sound card). You would be surprised, how good that sounds. I do the same with Pianoteq; I mix it together with my MODX sample. Try it, you may like it. :smile:

Interesting — I’ve done similar things except just with plugins — create two plugins otherwise identical and slightly detune one of them — fills out the sound tremendously.

1 Like

@Orien Ok, it makes sense, as you have two different B3 sounds it doesn’t produce any bad “flanger” effect. If I MIDIfy my B3 I will try this :wink:

@dhj Good idea, I heard that it is what was done to record the CS80 at a time (in order to make it sound fatter). Now using a CS80 plugin and GP you can do the job in a much easier way :stuck_out_tongue: