GP4 output to Ableton Live

Hi everyone,

I have been absolutely loving GP4 so far!
I would like to know if we can route the output of GP4 to Ableton Live with the same computer (MacBook Pro)

Any help would be truly appreciated!

Warm regards,
Iz

Hi @Izzye213, audio or midi?

Please read this blog article: Gig Performer | Recording your Gig Performer performance with a DAW

2 Likes

I do that with an RME interface using the loopback feature of the interface

3 Likes

i ended up with this setup. Its very multifunctional.
its one solution for just about everything.(its vs. mac)

edit: You´re new ? Then to notes: “Blackhole” is a -proven- freeware app. a virtual audio cable (mac only)

i use a second GP instance solely for all audio routing,
plus taming audio for multimedia tasks at home also on this 2nd GP-instance.
( EQ-Compression + volume control, all with hardware remote)

the trick is:

• my main GP-instance is set to audio out: Blackhole.
  • any other audio app is set to: Audio input + output: Blackhole.
  • use dedicated Out channels per audio app vs. Blackhole.
  • recording channel is allways CH1-2 / = the GP-main out: CH 1-2

this way is Blackhole the universal audio-hub within my mac,
and my second GP-instance is the audio app from where i can control the final output to the AI / speakers => from all running audio apps / edit: incl. HW remote control

optional info:
this 2nd GP instance is the first thing i start after powering on my mac.
( this setup has some more advantages, even for sole GP-play uses => assoon one would intend to use a different Audio IN vs. Audio Out setting on the main GP instance.
Such settings do add “in my opnion” latency => if GP-main has a high CPU count.
using a 2nd GP-instance just alone to run different audio In vs. Out settings feels to me better vs. the overall latency count.
AND: its the answer for all recording tasks within my mac.
with as little juggling vs. settings vs. different use-scenarios as possible.

2 Likes

Hi @rank13 , thank you so much for the question. Audio. However, I think I managed to solve it. I have loopback on my Audient ID4. I am now able to send the audio signal to Ableton and record clips.

Hi @pianopaul, thank you very much! I had a read, and I think loopback works perfectly fine! It turns out I have loopback on my Audient ID4. I am now able to send the audio signal to Ableton and record clips.

Hi @npudar, thank you very much! The link helped.

Hi @Funky40 , thank you so much for your detailed breakdown on how to approach this problem! I think I managed to work around this with the loopback feature on my Audient ID4 (thanks to pianopaul). Ill keep this information, regardless! Thank you so much

2 Likes