GP3 start without audio interface

Hello. Is there a way to start GP3 without connecting an audio interface, so I can do setup when I not at home. Thanks.

I try to understand:

You are using an Audio interface with more than 2 outputs and you are using this outputs in your rackspaces.
Now you are at home and do not have connected the audio interface.
Now when you load a gig which uses this outputs you are normally asked if you want to use virtual channels and route all this channels to the physical available outputs.

Can’t open the GP3 software without audio interface. Because of audio optimizing I have deactivated the intern sound card.

OK, does Gig Performer give any message when starting?

Yes. That there is no audio interface connected.

I do not understand (maybe because I am on Mac):
You deactivated the internal sound card because of optimization?
When you are not using the internal sound card because an external Internface is connected,
you really have to deactivate the internal sound card because of optimization?

Yes. I read you should disable the system sound for audio production. I’m on Win10.

Can you enable it when your Interface is not connected?
Without an Audio interface it will not work because for example the plugins need to know about the samplerate and buffer size.
Gig Performer needs to know about the used Audio System.

Yes I could, so I’m thinking it’s not possible to start GP3 without an audio interface or soundcard.

1 Like

I may be misunderstanding exactly what you’re doing, but you do not have to disable the internal sound card to use an external audio interface. What I think your your “optimization” advice may be referencing is to disable Windows system sounds, so you do not get bells, dings and alerts while performing or recording.

For Windows 10 64bt OS

These can be disabled by navigating to “Windows Settings” (Windows logo key + I).
Then click on “System”.
Then click on “Sound” on the left hand column.
Then click on “Sound Control Panel” link on the right side window.
Under the “Sounds” TAB you can select “No System Sounds” under the “Sounds Scheme” drop down menu.

Other Windows OS’s will have the same option under the “Sound Control Panel”, but navigating there may be different.
I don’t think you are really saving much system resources by disabling the internal sound card, unless you have a really old and under-powered computer. In that case you probably wouldn’t be able to run a Windows 64bt OS.

1 Like

Unfortunately no. You have to have some kind of audio interface connected - even an internal one. Disabling the internal sound card is actually a good procedure for your gigging pc, but unfortunately you may need to enable it for GP to work

1 Like

@miasei
You have just to install Asio4all, GP will choose it as your audio device.
You will be able to open GP and to deal with your plugins, widgets, etc.

4 Likes

Ok I have to try this! Could there be a conflict with my focusrite Asio driver?

Not at all. Asio4all will appear as default device only when no other asio device exists.

If your focusrite is connected, you will have the possibility to choose focusrite or asio4all as your device.

If focusrite is chosen, asio4all will not be opened, even in windows services.

This a simple way to work, I do the same for my own: my internal sound device is disabled and I use asio4all to manage GP elements when my external audio soundcard is not connected.

Obviously, you will have no sound.

3 Likes