GP to the rescue

Just a quick word of praise –
I have an original Novation 61SL (the mkiii is on order!)…and the signal from the sustain pedal pretty much stopped working last night.

So this a.m., for the few songs where I actually have to play a piano patch in the show (nothing complicated), I was able to quickly to map aftertouch to sustain (#64). This should get me thru until the mkiii arrives – which can’t be soon enough :wink:

2 Likes

Praise is always welcome and we appreciate your taking the time to give us the feedback.

Ouch! Was it the pedal or the controller? I always carry an extra pedal and also one of those cheapo click pedals. Been burned like that too. Enjoy the Mk III, hopefully it will come real quick!

No, the pedal definitely works (tested it in the expression pedal jack). The issue was slowly getting worse over the months. Yeah, can’t wait for the new board to arrive!

Just a curious follow up –
My new Mkiii arrived yesterday – and I had to test the foot pedal. Turns out, it was the foot pedal that was bad – if I bent the wire where it comes out from the pedal it would send a signal --> bend up = 127, bend down = 0. (But stepping on it = nothing!) Luckily, I found a very old StudioLogic PS-100 in my closet…good enough for now. Back to Amazon for more toys :wink: