GP requires midi inputs to be replaced on Win 10 rebuild

That sounds like an intermittent coincidence but it supports the idea that there’s a problem with your connection. Try a different router…in particular try one of the newer mesh routers like Amplifi from Ubitquiti

I just had another thought. The guitar controller is wireless and I have been plugging its dongle into a hub very near the computer. Is it possible that the wireless connection from guitar to dongle could be causing interference with the main wireless network? I could connect the dongle to an extension cord and place it on the floor if that would help?

Don’t know, but worth the experiment… .unfortunately, it might just be that you have two separate wireless systems interfering with each other so just separating them a few feet mightn’t make any difference…can you change the TxRx frequencies of one of them?

The guitar controller system is closed so can’t alter that. What made me think that there was some interaction was that when I sent a volume control midi command from the iPad, GP learnt it as a pitch bend. I’m trying the guitar dongle on an extension at the moment to see if that’s where a potential problem may be.

I just ordered one of these.[quote=“dhj, post:21, topic:1636”]
Amplifi from Ubitquiti
[/quote]

Hmm, it’s a great router (I have 4 of them these days) but obviously I can’t promise that this will solve your problem – it was just a suggestion for you to explore.

Hi everyone,
Al provided me with some more information (screenshot of the Rig Manager and two of his rackspaces) and i am pretty sure that the problem is caused by Windows giving diffrent identifier names to interfaces each time the driver is freshly installed.
And because he didn’t make use of the Rig Manager, all the rackspaces are ‘hardwired’ to a special interface identifier, and whenever this is changed (by Windows) it will result in a broken connection.
I tried to give him some more advice of how to use the Rig Manager and hopefully he can re-organize his rackspaces in a proper way now. :sweat_smile:

@dhj: But as i went through the single steps of my explanation, i found some points that maybe could be improved… when Changing a device for (say) a MIDI-InBlock and GP runs through all the rackspaces to find similar blocks to be exchanged, there could be a message of how many blocks/rackspaces where found and changed… i miss a feedback of the action somehow.
Also it may be a bit confusing, that the caption of the MIDI-blocks always stays the same, even if they had been exchanged by a new one, maybe there could be an option/question if the captions should be exchanged too? So it will be very obvious which blocks heve been changed or not.
And another point regarding “automatic exchanging”:
I think, it would be nice to be able to change the widget’s associations to alias controller-names (for buttons, faders…) through all the rackspaces automatically, like it works with the MIDI-blocks.

Very much appreciate your help

That is undoubtedly the case (which is why we all suggested Rig Manager in the first place) but it doesn’t explain why the problem (missing or screwed up events) occurs in the first place. Reinstalling Windows and/or drivers is not addressing the underlying problem.

Understood - but remember that that functionality was added before Rig Manager was developed. If Rig Manager is used, then that older mechanism isn’t needed in the first place and could be considered deprecated.