GP doesn't load/fails to see audio interface

Have a new laptop (one month old) and installed GP, but I get the “audio interface is not plugged-in/connected/turned on” error. Stops dead in it’s tracks. Actually have to mouse over the tab at the bottom to see the error message, as it’s hiding behind the GP boot screen.
I do not have a problem with my other software that’s installed seeing/using the audio interface (Komplete 11/ Aurturia V).
The audio interface is a Tascam US2000. It’s a little old, but I have no issues with actual “sound producing software” seeing and using it.
ASUS laptop with Windows10 Home 64bt.
Help!

You don’t mention whether you’re a new user or you just changed something. Did you have any other audio software running when you started Gig Performer? You might be running into the dreaded “only one audio application is allowed at a time” problem. Are you using the ASIO4All drivers?

Check out this article from our knowledge-base, it will probably help. While it’s about using multiple instances of Gig Performer simultaneously, the issue is the same as using multiple audio applications.

https://www.gigperformer.com/how-to-create-two-gig-performer-instances-with-single-client-asio-driver-on-windows

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the reply. Eager to get this up and running. This is my first time using the program (new user). I was not running any other software or music applications when trying to start the program. I have had a couple other audio programs running at the same time (Kontakt and SampleRobot), and didn’t have an issue with them interfering with each other. I will try the ASIO4ALL drivers, and let you know what I come up with.

Please let us know how it goes. We are here for you.