GP 4 causing “ring modulation” sounds and is unusable

Ah, then I’m sorry about hijacking your thread. I thought we’d come upon the same issue, but I’ll start my own thread should my particular issue reoccur.

Hey man. No worries about hijacking. We are all in this for the common good.
Tell me, when you uploaded your video, did GP apply compression automatically? Otherwise mine might be too big to upload.

I shared a dropbox link and the post automatically showed it as a video. If you’re using dropbox, right-click your video file, select Copy Dropbox-link and paste here. Replace ?dl=1 with ?raw=1 at the end of the url and you’re good to go.

@JoeyK could you please make sure that you interface is NOT used by your system for input or output. Make sure you close ALL other applications.

Please could you compress your video?
365Mo needs at leat 50 minute to be loaded in my computer, I live in a small town where ADSL runs very slow :disappointed:

2 Likes

I find it useful to use YouTube for such things – upload them to your youtube channel (it’s free to create one) and make the link be unlisted

Just to wrap this whole thing up and let all those who tried to help, know the final outcome. I borrowed another Babyface Pro, but this time, a new FS model. The same distortion was present. I had previously tried a cheap interface bought several years before and the sound was clear. It appears that both my BF Pro and the borrowed BF Pro FS are the only audio devices causing this strange distortion. I cannot figure it out, but I have now bought a brand new Focusrite Claret 2 pre USB. All is now well, but the problem will remain a mystery I fear.

2 Likes