"Global" VST instruments?

Version 6 was not good. Version 6.1 was altogether better

The actual version is 6.5.1 and it contains the C. Bechstein Digital Grand.

The Bechstein is my favorite. I had demoed Pianoteq v4 and 5. It always sounded too thin and synthetic to my ears until I checked out v6.3. Pianoteq keeps improving.

I made the exact same choice, I am the happy user of a KAWAI VPC1 + Ivory American Concert D:
Billy Joelā€™s piano rig

1 Like

Yep i use to use american d in my receptor before i switched to gp its just awesome

It would be great if you can put a VST plugin (for example B3X ik multimedia) in the global rack.
And that you can only send a preset change, so you donā€™t have to load the plugin 50 times.

Any thoughts or solutions?
Accept the predictive loading function, because we play songs randomly, so no steady set.

Regards, Martien

At least two ways to do this

1. if the plugin supports program change messages, then just send program changes to it

2. If it doesnā€™t, then a little GP Script will get you there using the LoadGPPreset function. Although that function has been marked as potentially dangerous (because of a concern that some plugins might not properly handle it), nobody has reported a problem with it as yet.
    https://gigperformer.com/downloads/GPScript/SystemFunctionList.html#LoadGPPresetp%20:%20Block%20presetName%20:%20String

The downside of both approaches is that the time to load a new preset depends on the plugin and so you wonā€™t get the instant switching the way you do using multiple rackspaces

1. How can I send only a program change to the globalrack VST plugin from a rack without loading the vst plugin itself in the rack?

2. I have to see what that is and how to use that.

Thanks for your information!!!

Several ways - easiest is to put a widget in the global rackspace thatā€™s mapped to the PC parameter of the MIDI In block that you have connected to your plugin. Then just map that widget to a widget in your local rackspaces.

1 Like

I will going to try this one.
Thanks!!!

Hi dij,

I canā€™t insert the OSC Midi Out in my local rackā€¦
I can see it in the menu list, but when I selected it, nothing comes on my screen/local-rack.
Is there something I have to do first?

Kind regards,
Martien

May be it is places outside the visual range?

Iā€™ve searched the whole spaceā€¦
Thatā€™s what I thought in the first place.
Very strangeā€¦
And yes, Iā€™m a total beginner :grimacing:

What version of GP are you running (actual version number, please)

Hi,

4.5.8, and the update function is saying ā€œup to dateā€ :slight_smile:

11 posts were split to a new topic: MIDI Out (OSC) block on Ventura