Global plugins

I want some plugins to be constant such as a mixer where I can adjust levels globally rather than each patch. Also want guitar sounds to be independent of each synth rackspace.

I am using 2 instances of gigperformer and routing the output of one into the other with jack2. Www.jackosx.com.

Is there a better way?

Using two instances is exactly the right way to go. I’m not a fan of Jack however, I’d much rather use Loopback from Rogue Amoeba. Unfortunately Loopback is not free.

There’s a blog article about this. See Gig Performer | Using Loopback to send audio from one application to another

Glad to know this is being done successfully w loooback. I’m using the jack 2.0 build but I doubt I’ll be able to get it to work on computer startup. Right now gigperformer 2.0.18 does not load a double clicked gig file on startup. So there is no avoiding some computer work at each show.

I’m not sure why you keep referring to Jack - it has nothing to do with opening Gig Performer files.
The benefit of Loopback is that you don’t have to explicitly run a Jack server. Once you have configured loopback, you can create an aggregate device consisting of your physical audio interface and a multi-channel virtual audio interface as defined by however you set up Loopback. Once you’ve done that, you never have to deal with it again when you start your computer.

Obviously we need to figure out why your system is not opening Gig Performer with whatever gig file on which you double-click but there has to be something else going on there. I believe I asked some questions about your environment in another forum thread so I’ll wait for those answers.

Don’t worry - we’ll get you fixed.

Regarding double-clicking on a gig file, do you have the option, “Scan for new/changed plugins on startup” enabled?

If so, please uncheck this option and then try to double click on some gig files. Let me know if it works now!