Global effects rack

It would be cool if you add a global effects rack - the one the would stay unchanged across all of your gig’s rackspaces. It could be used for global effects - sometimes it’s a good idea to have a common reverb, chorus, delay global effect instead of creating one in each rackspace. There should also be a global rack send mixer plugin that could be used to connect current rackspace with the global rack.
I do understand that a separate instance of gig performer could be used here, but that requires some virtual wiring and it seems to be an awkward solution for such an obvious thing in my opinion.
Thanks for your attention)

1 Like

Are you on Mac?

No, I’m on PC

OK, I think there should be similar on PC.
On Mac one could use Loopback to send audio from Gig Performer to a 2nd instance of Gig Performer.
This way the 2nd Instance is what you call “global effect”.

On windows I think it is called “Audio Jack” but I am not sure.

Thanks! I know how to do such a connection, I only think that two instances is an awkward solution for such an easy task. Loading two instances requires more time, more clicks. I would like to have a faster and easier solution for that.

Yes I know what you want to say.
But it sounds more complicated than it really is.
Give it a try.
With OSC you can control the 2nd instance from the 1st very easy.
And(!) the 2nd instance can use different cores than the 1st instance, so the usage of CPU power is
spread over the CPU

I too want global settings for master volume, global filter cutoff, metronome volume and enable, and a mono enable switch. These should not change when I change rackspaces.

A global rackspace would do it.

1 Like

Ideally all rack panels would have inputs and outputs for audio and MIDI and OSC so it can be routed to the other rack panels.

See my other request where the need to route connections between rack panels would be useful and save time.

Ideally the global rack panel, like all rack panels would save both front and rear of the panel. The widgets on the front are mapped to blocks on the back and when you save/recall a rack panel you get them both and the connections are intact. I also want to restore all my MIDI and OSC mappings so my external controller doesn’t have to be remapped.

Workflow is the next great improvement for GP. I can do most everything that I want but I have to invest a crazy amount of time to get there. Saving rack panels front and rear with mappings intact is the number one thing you can do to save time. The ability to have a global rack panel fits that UI nicely.

Thank you for all your ideas… we’re constantly developing and moving forward based on your input - please keep it coming - we’re listening (and, more importantly, writing things down :slight_smile: )!

1 Like
Save/recall MIDI and OSC mappings on Rack panel save/load

For me the latency in loopback is unbearable.

And global script. I hate having to copy and paste my script 30 times!

I would too love this for the audio player - it’s quite uncool to have the backing track stop when I switch to another rackspace, requiring me to either play it on multiple spaces similary or use a second instance, which quite doesn’t work for my PC (whyever).