Feature Requests from new user

These may have already been requested, but here are my requests after a few days of using GP

1. MIDI assignable metronome output volume knob similar to the master trim knob.

2. Ability to enable/disable 8th note on metronome.

3. Controller layout templates for rackspace panel widget layouts. Example: if I am using a Korg NanoKontrol, it would be nice if there was a layout template that mirrored the controller layout.

4. Multiple widget size presets (small, medium, large) as resizing multiple of the same widget is both time consuming and difficult to get sizes similar.

5. Ability to resize multipe widgets at once much like I can select and drag multiple widgets.

6. Split screen view that displays both views at same time

7. More options for predictive loading such as ability to load only 1 rackspace before selected rackspace but the next 3 after currently selected rackspace.

8. Built in tools with similar features as LoopMIDI for multi instance support on Windows.

Andy, thanks so much for your suggestions.

I’ve added these two to our tracking system

1. MIDI assignable metronome output volume knob similar to the master trim knob. 2. Ability to enable/disable 8th note on metronome.

Yes, layout templates are already on our list.

3. Controller layout templates for rackspace panel widget layouts. Example: if I am using a Korg NanoKontrol, it would be nice if there was a layout template that mirrored the controller layout.

You can currently select multiple widgets (drag the mouse over them) and then the widget inspector will give you options for both setting sizes as well as alignment and distribution options.

4. Multiple widget size presets (small, medium, large) as resizing multiple of the same widget is both time consuming and difficult to get sizes similar.
  1. Ability to resize multipe widgets at once much like I can select and drag multiple widgets.

Added to our tracking system

6. Split screen view that displays both views at same time

Already on our list

7. More options for predictive loading such as ability to load only 1 rackspace before selected rackspace but the next 3 after currently selected rackspace.

Already on our list but so far has been very low priority simply because LoopMIDI does exist and we have been deliberately not implementing functionality that is easily available.

8. Built in tools with similar features as LoopMIDI for multi instance support on Windows.
1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’ll be trying it live this weekend for the first time.

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned… Or i missed it in the manual… how about some resizing love or pan / scrolling or resizing of the back end nodes? I use more then a few ;). and i see no way to make them smaller or zoom out on the canvas? Am i missing a shortcut key? I looked in the manual to no avail. Mac osx on this end.

Yeah, we need the ability to scroll the connection view - it’s on our list.

Do you see any issue hosting 208+ kontakt instances in a rack space? other then… seeing them not jumbled… ? Would it overload GP?

No idea - but based on the conversation we had the other day, my sense is that you’re trying to make Gig Performer do something that’s just completely outside its scope/design goals. The whole point of the rackspace model in Gig Performer is to use DIFFERENT rackspaces for each set of sounds. Trying to put everything in a single rackspace is basically an impedance mismatch. It’s sorta like trying to use Microsoft Word tables as if they were fully functional Excel spreadsheets.

Just my 2 cents but I suspect that for the project you’re doing (which by the way I think is quite fascinating), you’re probably going to need a whole network of machines with audio running over dedicated ethernet, etc.

Definitely second the idea of assignable MIDI to metronome volume control.
In live looping I use mobius with GP as the host, and want the ability to silence the metronome remotely once the loop has been established without stopping it. Right now, I either have to keep the metronome going in my ear, or stop it entirely, which I definitely don’t want to do.

This can already be done with a rather trivial GPScript.

Var
   MetronomeVol : Widget

On WidgetValueChanged(newValue : double) from MetronomeVol
    SetMetronomeVolume(newValue)
End

Attached is a rackspace you can just drag into a gig to see how you would use it.

MetronomeExample.rackspace (8.8 KB)

Thank you for the script.