[Feature Request] Setlist View: Duplicate Song within Setlist

Sometimes it is desirable to have some song multiple times in your set. Maybe you are planning small repeating snippits.
For my case, between songs I want to have fast access to some preset rackspaces (like piano, strings, accordion) to quickly react on spontanous show elements. My idea was to just create two songs called “Pause (Long)” and “Pause (Short)” and place those preset rackspaces as song parts that I could quickly use when necessary. Additionally, my setlist would remind me on the set up pauses, handy!
Sadly, those pauses can only be put once into the set. Damn.

Yes, it would be good to be able to use the same “song” multiple times in a set list.

I do a similar thing, but with default “silent” song/rackspace (with no connections) I use this a lot to make sure I do not inadvertantly trigger GP when I am using sounds in hardware synth.So, I go to the default silent song/rackspace.

But, you are are right I had to create multiple copies of this “song”. (Although GP wanted to give each one a different name, I was able to modify the name so they are all the same).

But, yes, the work around requires that you have multiple copies of the song in order to put them in your set list multiple times. (Caveat, I am a newbie and could be missing something).

Jeff

Is it possible to save the Song with a different name (e.g., Song2)? Then both should be able to coexist in the same set. (Appending the name with a number [‘increment’] would sort of provide a sense of ‘chronology’ within the set.)

Øøps…uh, yea, what jeffn1 said! :wink:

Yeah. Totally possible, but very annoying to do - especially when you want to change something and have to do that change in 20 different songs.

1 Like

Well, you should not have to repeat that same change in 20 songs. You would make the change one time and save that song 20 times and replace the prior version in the set lists(s) 20 times.

But, I tend to agree. It would streamline things if you could repeat a song in a set list without having to keep multiple versions of that (duplicate) song in your full song list.

(I still wonder if there is another way to do this–I am still learning. Not to kiss up, but in general I am impressed with GP and the support provided).

1 Like

+1

In a worship context, it is very common to come back at the end and repeat a song as a response or something. Would be great to have this ability! I know I could drive GP externally from mobile sheets to handle this but I don’t want to do that. I want to control everything else from GP.

Why is it desired to include a song more than 1x in a setlist?
Because of navigation?

In die Original Post, there should be an example - is there more need for clarification? :slight_smile:

When I understand correctly, you want to place that as a reminder?
That will not work, as the Song name now must be unique within a Set List and I doubt that can be changed easily.

Reminder? No, not really… I think navigation fits it better.

If I want to have my “Pause” Presets between every song, I would have to navigate to the “Pause” Song every time and navigate back afterwards.
Instead, I want to have those presets between every song, that’s why I would add my song called “Pause” between every other song.

OK, what is the function of that pause preset?

To quickly react to show elements, e.g. some brass presets for when jokes appear, some piano melodies on certain cues etc.
Reminding me if this is a short or long pause would just be a nice additional effect.

To be more illustrative, setlist would be like:
Song1
Pause - I need presets!
“Hello, welcome, we are […], have fun!”

Song2
Pause - I need presets!
Trumpets required

Song3
Pause - I need presets!
<Audiance calls spontanious “Play the same song again!”> Cantina Preset required

Song4
Pause - I need presets!

Song5

Understand, but why not quickly navigate to the song via a dedicated controller?
Or widgets on global rackspace to navigate to the song?

or map C-0 (just an example) on your keyboard to select a specific song (little Scripting required)
or use scripting to deactivate the 1st instance and activate a 2ns instance where your pause-sounds are located.

I can think of many solutions.

How would I navigate back to the song I came from in those solutions? Also, I would probably need to touch my laptop (change from setlist view to front view)?
What if I had two different pause songs, depending on position? Would I need a third instance?

You are right that there are solutions, but those solutions seem quite engineering-heavy for a simple requirement as “Recurring Show Elements” in comparison to “just add the show element (aka song) a second and third time”.