Feature request-custom expression curves

It would be helpful to have more extensive control over expression curves. For example, I want to create a layered patch where one of the sounds only fades in near the maximum level of the pedal.

Yeah, user interface support for this is on our list. It helps to have more people ask for it in terms of prioritization.

It’s actually easy to do this kind of thing with GP Script if one has programming experience. I may put together a blog article on how to do this in the short term so that users could just follow some instructions.

By the way, can you explain better what you mean by “fade in near the maximum level of the pedal”. It seems to me that if one is near the maximum pedal position, there’s very little room for “fading in”. Do you just mean that the new sound should start playing at its full level?

I would like the layer to start fading in at about 80%. Having a custom curve is even better because I could gradually start fading in at, say 50%, then at at 80% begin exponentially increasing the level for a smooth response. I don’t know how to use GP Script yet, but a blog article would be much appreciated. I have some very basic programming knowledge.

“More people” here :wink:
Oh, curves are that little extra on the book of tricks, when available they have big impact.
Sure is a nice topic for the blog article!! @David

Another feature helpful feature would a MIDI file player. The only thing I need it for is to send sysex data to a keyboard that doesn’t respond to PC commands in master mode. Sending a sysex file on patch change works. Can this be done with GP Script?

Another helpful feature would be a MIDI file player. I use it to send sysex data to change patches to a keyboard that doesn’t receive PC command in master mode. Can this be done with GP Script?

Another helpful feature would be a MIDI file player. I use it to send sysex data to change patches to a keyboard that doesn’t receive PC command in master mode. Can this possibly be done with GP Script?

Yes, we’ll do this as time allows by modifying the scaling mechanism that is currently used for widgets now so that it can be a curve rather than linear