Extreme slowness in loading Waves vst3 plugin

Hi everyone, with GP I found an extreme slowness in loading Waves vst3 plugin, in essence it takes us from 40 seconds to about 60 to load only one. This leads to a really impractical loading of the project.
I tried to open the same plugins on Cubase AI8 and the time taken for a plugin is about 4 seconds.

the GP version is 3.6.0
on windows 10 home 64 bit build 18362.476
PC Asus Rog GL752VW, cpu i7-6700HQ, 32 GB of ram

the dll (WaveShell1-VST3 11.0_x64.vst3) is installed in
C: Program Files Common Files VST3

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?
Thank you in advance for the help.

Angelo

Could really be anything that the Waves plugin is doing while starting up. We do not have any control over the process, but typically - the issues of this nature are related to a plugin wanting to access the network and connect to something and your computer is connected to “some” network that does not have internet access.

In these cases - some plugins simply block until the request times out which could be explaining that behaviour.

I disabled all my Waves VST2 and VST3s in GP on my Windows machine. I had issues and decided to stop wrestling with them in GP.

Did you upgrade waves plugins to the recent version?

Yes, I have latest Windows versions VST3 and VST2. I have 3 .dll VST3 and 3 .dll VST2. “WaveShell1-VST 11.0x64.dll” for example.

After spending some more time with it, I realized that the VST3’s were having trouble loading in GP (some took about 30 seconds to load and some caused GP to freeze). I disabled all Waves VST3’s and am using VST only now. So far, no issues. The other annoying thing with waves was the large number of variety of each plugin. Example: a Waves plugin may have 3 variations: mono, mono to stereo, and stereo, so i enabled stereo versions only as I can control input and output combinations via GP.