Editor Tabs and Editors for Rackspaces

Hi,
Just getting in to GPScript and managed to get my first (very simple) script working tonight to change variation depending on MIDI note.

Two things after a play around I have been wondering…

1. In the script editor you can add a tab; what can that actually be used for?
  2. I know the scripts are unique to rackspaces; is there a way of showing multiple rackspaces editors in the same editor window? Or is it just a case of having an editor per rackspace?

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark,

in the script Editor you can create a new tab with the + sign.
Then you can import a script from file, make your changes in the new tab.
And then you can replace the current script with the new loaded.

Note you can save a script to file and then import it again.

Hi,

[Windows 10 - GP 2.3]

I would appreciate some help please…as I’m sure I am doing something stupid here. But there is no way that I can seem to find to load/save a script from/to a file so that I can import into another Rack. Sure I can cut/paste it from a tab in one RackSpace to another - but the File menu options ‘Open Script from File’, ‘Open Recent Script File’ and ‘Save Script to File’ remain determinedly greyed out. I have tried clicking (and right clicking) on everything I can find inside/outside of the script editor - but nothing seems to happen. Also the script editor button ‘Replace current Rackspace Script with this one’ doesn’t seem to do much either.

So what am I missing here - do I need to be standing on one leg to get it to work (if so which one?) ? :slight_smile:

Many Thanks
Barry

You are not missing anything Barry - you found a bug :slight_smile:

We’ll fix it for the next version. Thanks for reporting it.