double assignment of program change numbers

I’m having problem with gp2 jumping around and sometimes going to wrong program changes, I realized when it jumped it always went to program 45 or 46, then to the program it was supposed to go to, sometimes just staying on 45 or 46, after taking a look, you can see they somehow both got assigned to the same number, I deleted them and now there’s no more jumping around, but now I can’t assign them or it comes back, additionally, everything is off by one,gp2 won’t let me assign anything right next to another now.

Hi Dave,

are you switching rackspaces by sending PC numbers from an external MIDI controller or DAW to GigPerformer?

yes, i just did a test, i started a new gig, loaded all my presets back in one at a time, it all went perfectly till i tried loading preset 45, then it all went to hell again, very strange

Run the Global MIDI Monitor and report exactly what it is displaying when you try to load preset 45 - controller might be sending unexpected extra MIDI

no, it’s when i try to load other presets, they jump to …actually it’s 46, i loaded 2 blank racks in 46 and 47, everything worked great, then i manually loaded in the one synth i’m having problems with, omnishpere, lyles two voice is the patch, turns everything nutty, guess lyle mays doesn’t want anybody steeling his sounds :), i guess i’ll have to go without for the greater good

crap, it’s not that synth patch, it’s the program number, i just loaded a kontact organ in that spot and everything went to hell again

whenever i choose presets 36-39 or 45-46…patch 46 gets mixed in with whichever patch i choose

the numbers are a little confusing because my controller starts at 000, i have gp set to start at 000, but i still can be off in my descriptions by 1 sometimes

this is not the cause of any problems, i originally had gp starting at 001

Dave when you are talking about preset or patch do you mean rackspace?

Did you check “Program Change” in a MIDI OUT BLock.
Could it be that you duplicated a rackspace but did not change this setting?
This way you could send out a program change for example to IAC 1
In Global Midi Settings you checked IAC 1 so you can receive program change messages…

We CANNOT answer, debug or even contemplate what could be wrong with your setup unless you send us some information.

So PLEASE - Run the Global MIDI Monitor and report exactly what it is displaying when you try to load preset 45 – controller might be sending unexpected extra MIDI

45 loads fine, it’s when i hit 36-39 or 43-44 that 45 gets loaded along with the other synths, i’ve run the midi monitor, went thru my controller making sure nothing weird is assigned with any of the prestes involved, i’ll keep trying

We CANNOT answer, debug or even contemplate what could be wrong with your setup unless you send us some information.
So PLEASE – Run the Global MIDI Monitor and report exactly what it is displaying when you try to load preset 45 – controller might be sending unexpected extra MIDI

so, my work around is just have no 45 or 46 preset at all, then everything seems nice and stable

and actually, everything being off by 1 was just a side effect of (use zero based program numbers) in the global midi assignments window

found the problem, no bug

so, you know about my problems with preset 47-48, i found out what’s going on this morning, i use line 6 variax guitars, they each have 28 virtual guitars built into each guitar, the helix can be preset to recall any one of these guitars, i went in to choose a guitar using the helix and the presets on gp2 changed as i was toggling thru them, turns out i use most higher up numbered guitars, which weren’t clashing with the lower presets, except for 47/48, which was the same as acoustic guitar 4, there may be a way for line 6 to correct this with midi channels, but worst come to worst, i can move the only about 8 guitars i use to presets 1-8, then use presets 9-127 for sounds.

so sorry guys for torturing you, i’ll try to make it up to you with positive posts

i can’t find a way to change the heading on this to solved, could you guys please do it

i found a solution, i’m just going to run gp2 on midi bank 2, all the guitar switching will be one bank one, which i can’t change

i also need to add for the record, the midi patch changes are not coming from the helix, the helix sends the changes to the guitar, and the guitar sends them back, if disconnect the guitar, patches don’t change on the computer, if i manually switch guitars from the variax, patches change on the computer.