Divisi MIDI plugins

I have a plugin called Broadyway Big Band V2.0 which has a divisi mode such that I can split a chord into multiple brass and/or reed parts, but this feature is internal to the plugin itself and it works as you might expect but of course only works with BBB2. I want to does this with SWAM plugins and create divisi string sections for example, so I have to front end it with a MIDI plugin because SWAM does not support a divisi technique.

So, I have to find a MIDI plugin or onboard GigPerformer scripting technique to accomplish the task.
IE: I want to take an incoming chord and split it into 2,3,4 or 5 different MIDI channels and then route each channel to a different GigPerformer MIDI block.

I did find one MIDI program that does the trick but it is an executable and thus will not work as a plugin.

Any solutions?

Phil

Hmm. Not sure if it’s exactly what you’re looking for, but try the piz midi plugins:

• piz midiPolyphony: For spreading polyphony across midi channels, i.e. if you play 4 notes, each one will go to a different channel. Polyphony per channel can be set from 1 to 64 notes for more flexibility. You can also use it to convert polyphonic input to monophonic output.

And for filtering channels:

• midiChannelFilter: Only passes through data on the selected channel.

I really hope we get some kind of MIDI filter blocks in GP some day which allows us to send channels to different outputs and connect them to instrument blocks visually. That really would help to get a better workflow and avoid stacking several of these piz helper plugins.

That looks like it might work. i will give it a try and report back to the group.

The cool thing that BBB2 does is as follows: EG: it takes the top note of your chord a sends it alternatively to Trumpet or Soprano sax, the bottom note to Baritone Sax and Tuba alternatively, the 2 middle notes will be varied between tenor sax, alto sax and trombone.

I think “piz” keeps a constant one to one algorythm instead of a variable algorythm. I hope you can see or more importantly hear the difference in technique :slight_smile:

Yeah… the piz plugin has no latency so does not wait for the complete chord. So it can’t ensure it’s the top note that will be played by the trumpet or soprano sax. But it should be done easily with GP Script. Not difficult, only takes some time.

I can’t create a plugin block for any piz plugin because all my 32 bit plugins have been classified by the Plugin Manager as “Deactivated after failing to initialize correctly”. Can you explain this?

Gig Performer is a 64-bit application and only supports 64-bit plugins.

Phil,
as long as we are talking about Windows, you could try to use JBridge to adapt the 32bit plugins to 64bit. This worked quite well for me with several synth VSTs.

No need to use JBridge. There are 64-bit builds for both Windows and OSX. I’m using them with GP on Win7 as well as on my Mac Book Pro (Sierra).

Do you have the URL to those plugins? I went to what I thought was the right page and encountered an “account suspended” notice

https://code.google.com/archive/p/pizmidi/

or

https://bitbucket.org/agraef/pizmidi/overview

It’s a bit confusing because some plugins are missing in some particular releases. In some cases you have to look into more than one archive.