Display and adjust widget value

To display a widget value using the [value] option is fine as long as the value has some usable range / content. Eg.: sometime you get meaningless values from 1…127 or 0.0 … 1.0.
Is there a simple way to adjust the values, eg. to convert the 0.0 … 1.0 to 1…10 or 1…100 ? I know i can do this with scripting, but i’m looking for an option to do this without a script using the widget options.

It always depends on what the specific plugin will expose as “the value” of a given parameter.
You can simulate this yourself with the parameters of a script let and then use a widget with the “value” tag. This should show exactly that what you have chosen to be the value range, or variants of that parameter.

1 Like

Yes, @schamass is exactly right — it’s up to the plugin to return “meaningful” text. If it doesn’t, then all we can really do by default is display the underlying value of the parameter which is always between 0.0 and 1.0

If you’re seeing values between 1 and 127 then the plugin is returning those values explicitly. If you think it should be returning different values for some of these things then you should contact the plugin developer

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

It would be great to use an expression without scripting to adjust the values, like: …[ [value]*10] … to adjust the 0.0 … 1.0 range to 0…10 as an example. Or use a function to map the values 0.0 …1.0 to whole numbers like 1 , 2, 3, 4, … 10.

Text values is off cause a different challenge, this may require scripting.