Device aliases in panels

OOPS, you can assign Midi Control aliases !

Did you read in the manual the chapter about Rig Manager?

1 Like

How to connect a widget to a MIDI device? (gigperformer.com)

Item #2ā€¦ that should be exactly it! Or are you talking of something else?

Yes, this is what Iā€™m talking about. This part of the interface only allows for physical devices, not aliases.

Well then, how comes that i have in many of my rackkspaces widgets which are bound to my RigManager aliases, like ā€œAftertouchā€, ā€œVol-pedalā€, ā€œX-B1ā€ (stands for ā€œbutton 1 on X-Touch miniā€)?

The screenshot you can see in my link to the docs under item #2 shows a list of RigManager aliases - you can just select them from the list that opens up when you click on that little triangle on the right hand side of the dialog fieldā€¦

MIDI control aliases, yes. But thatā€™s not much use in this case since I would have to reassign every single Button on the MIDI keyboard if I change it. The issue to solve however is that I use different keyboards in different locations and GP will always treat them as different devices although to me as a user itā€™s always the same gig situation and I want to use my GP gig without having to change much. Itā€™s a trivial issue theoretically since the devices will always send the identical midi messages, thereā€™s no change necessary on the control level, itā€™s really just the device IDs.

Oh, I think Iā€™m getting my mistake now. If I do the device alias part correctly first, the control alias will all correspond to that, right?

Yes. .

1 Like

Just to chime in and post this video:

In this video is Gig Performer 3, but the global picture is the same.

3 Likes

This is precisely why we created the Rig Manager

2 Likes

@mangolassi this works perfectly, I just tested and could MIDI learn aftertouch to an AFTERTOUCH control alias name! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

It already works. :slightly_smiling_face:

How? If RM responds to the first message, it will see the NoteOn rather than the Aftertouch message.

Or are you pressing a note down first and THEN clicking learn?

As I tried to explain above, yes, thatā€™s the way I did it.

Thatā€™s indeed how it works fairly well even though you wouldnā€™t expect it.

Itā€™s been a long time now that the GP-beast has escaped from its devsā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like