Demo crashes on start

I’m sorry.
Correcting my sentence:
But what I can do with the Gig Performer that I can’t with BitWig?

Sometimes it’s hard to be slightly dyslexic and write in another language

1 Like

Many things:

Scripting
Multiple Instances
Patch Persist
Variations
Custom Layouts
The list is long

BitWig is not designed for Live Usage it is a DAW.
Sure you can play Instruments, but how to define dynamic Key Ranges etc.

1 Like

It’s possible define key ranges, layers, change presets, map things to keys, launch clips … it’s made to play live on the same style Ableton is, but it’s made for producers who play live than keyboardists.

I mean, I love BitWig and use I it for some things, like when I performe electronic music live. But I also used to play on rock cover bands and that’s what I’m wanting to use Gig Performer for.

Yep…that’s what most of us do :grinning:

I take it you’ve seen this article about ASIO. Gig Performer | Gig Performer crashes when you try to change the sample rate

Fire clips samples etc, sure like Ableton Live.
But not really for keyboard players.

Just to give some feedback.
I tried the last 3 drivers for may audio interface (UMC404HD), but the last one seems the most reliable.

About the buffer change, maybe it wasn’t Gig Performer but something that was running together with it, like the Youtube tutorial in a Chrome Tab. I saw in the past that Chrome don’t like audio interface changes when it’s running media content, even if it’s paused.

So I will get that trial days remaning to find out if Gig Performer is still crashing randomly on my system.

Thanks

I take it you were able to change the sample buffer size after stopping Chrome?

If I change the buffer on Gig Performer and hit apply changes it will crashes, but that’s not the worst thing since it keep the changes when I open it again.

What happens when you disable your integrated sound card and connect your audio interface?

Please see this option, too: “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”
Link: Inexplicable audio dropouts/popping sounds only in Gig Performer 4 - #12 by npudar

If you still are unable to change the buffer size, can you try with the ASIO4ALL, the latest beta (beta 2)

Please make sure that your system sounds are not going through your interface, but rather through your internal computer sound card.