Default CC#s for audio mixer controls?

are there, by chance, default midi CC#s set up for the controls (specifically the faders) in the audio mixer plugins? I’m trying to retroactively add a Roli Seaboard Lightblock as a simple external fader control to an existing gig file (with 60 racks in it) and it would be great to just be able to remap the controls on the Roli rather than having to go through each rack and use the learn function.

Unfortunately there aren’t, it’s completely unobvious what defaults would make sense as every device is different. Having said that, we do need to make it easier to copy a collection of widgets, complete with their assignments from one rackspace to another. This is on our list.

3 Likes

understood - that totally makes sense. It occured to me though that maybe there could be some sort of global midi page for the out of box plugins (like the audio mixer and stuff) where you could set them if you wanted to. My Lightpad can be set to transmit whatever CCs I want, so it would be perfect.

Because I was just curious, I wrote a little script.
The Idea is that CC Messages between 22 and 25 control the 4 faders on the Mixer Plugin.

//$<AutoDeclare>
// DO NOT EDIT THIS SECTION MANUALLY
Var
   M8  : PluginBlock
   MIN : MidiInBlock
   ccn : integer
   ccv : integer
//$</AutoDeclare>

on ControlChangeEvent(cc : ControlChangeMessage) matching [22..25]from MIN
 ccn := GetCCNumber(cc)
 ccv := GetCCValue(cc)

SetParameter(M8,(ccn-22)*7, MidiToParam(ccv))

end
4 Likes

This is cool - thanks! I haven’t been here in a little bit so I missed it. I’ll give it a whirly this weekend (after gigs are over) to see what I can do with it.