Declaring variables in loops and concatenating function outputs inline

Scriptlets are independent and can’t reference other plugins or widgets, apart from messages sent in wiring view to it, or if you group scriptlet parameters with other widgets in panel view.

1 Like

I think I may be afraid to ask this but why do you have variables with names like

E_4_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_2
E_3_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_2

etc.?

LOL! Just sloppy and impatient. In order to do something tricky, I wound up with a whole lot of widgets that just take up space and do nothing.

I will fix them to be more presentable.

Don’t do that on my account — I just wondered if you were using some kind of automated tool that was creating these kinds of names

EDIT by schamass:
The discussion about how widget handles should be automatically nemd / numbered continues here:

THX

I am working on my new DIVISI Rackspace … when it’s done you will see a cool technique to display cool-looking widgets.

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Automatic numbering of widget handle names when duplicating

I think the best way to observe scriplets might be to think about them as plugins. ‘Normal’ plugins (vst, or otherwise) are also not capable of seeing your widgets or even other plugins. Scriptlets share that same characteristic.

Scriptlets are plugins. They are implemented using the same API as third party plugins. The only difference between scriptlets (as well as all our other internal plugins, e.g., audio mixer, midi in/out blocks, audio and midi player) is that they can’t be used in other hosts.

1 Like

You (@dhj) can make that statement. I can only ‘reverse engineer’ things and carefully give my ‘two centes’ :grinning:

1 Like