Creating / Transferring / Exporting / Importing

Hi all,

So my Modus Operandi in my conversion from Forte is to have GP on my workstation and my gigging laptop and work in the following manner:

I create everything in rackspaces first on the workstation. Save them all. Then from the rackspaces, I create songs. Save them all.

Then, I move the Song files over to the gigging laptop…import them, create the setlist. Save it as a GIG file.

So the question is: there will be a fair amount of tweaking being done at rehearsal with the current setlist/GIG file. After each tweak, I export the selected song to a folder, and then save the GIG file. If, after all that tweaking and saving, should I export a song from said GIG file, will it be exactly as I have tweaked it last when importing back to the workstation computer?

Asking for a friend :wink:

Thanks,
Joe

I’d suggest you try this and see if all the tweaking that you plan to do does transfer. It should be fairly easy to check. Beware of tweak in the application/rig manager settings themselves as those will have to be transferred over (exported/imported) as well if you change them