Control articulations in Kontakt

I don’t have a grasp of programming. I don’t know how to get started with GPScript. Can anyone help with a script to send a CC to Kontakt? I tried creating a widget and assigning to host automation, but it doesn’t send the state of the widget on patch change. Once the patch is selected I can move the widget and get Kontakt to respond. Thanks in advance for your help.

When you say “patch change”, do you mean switching from one rackspace/variation to another, or are you changing patches directly in Kontakt?

I’m switching backspaces/variations, and I need to make correction to the previous post. The parameter in Kontakt that I’m trying to control doesn’t’t seem to be assignable to host automation, so I’m using MIDI automation. In String Essentials String Ensemble, I’m trying to set articulation with a widget on rackspace change.

CC won’t work either — those articulations are intended to be triggered by pressing certain notes on your keyboard. The good news is that this is easy to emulate in Gig Performer. I’ve attached a trivial rackspace you can use to study how to do it. Basically, you create a few buttons and associate them with the MidiIn block that’s connected to Kontakt. Then you set the parameters so that each button is mapped to a specific note number. Then it works.
No scripting needed.

Download KontaktArticulation.gig.zip (198.7 KB)

Thanks! It works. I was trying make it more difficult than necessary. I had reassigned the articulations to a cc# but simpler is always better.

Well, in that case you could have used the same technique but associate with CC messages rather than note messages, but I think note messages work better for this anyway.

I tried associating a CC message to a widget but it didn’t work. I could change articulations once I selected the rackspace, but the widget setting couldn’t recall the setting when selected again.