Constants declaration

Hi,
Thanks for the wonderful software GP team.
My keyboard has Voice mode, Performance mode, Song mode, etc. I’m just writing a script to enable me to switch between these modes from a GP Rackspace.
I’m looking at the documentation (Language Constructs in Detail — GPScript 4.0 documentation) for constant values (as in const int mode = 1). Is there a way to write a constant or better still enum some values? Or should I just use var?
Thanks kindly… :slight_smile:

No I don’t think so, GPScript is not C, it is a basic compiled langage which makes it possible to achieve easily GP related automation and even more. But, you can of course define variables and keep them constant. You can also add a CONST_ prefix to the variable name to keep in mind that it is supposed to be constant.

But whatever, welcome to the GP community, and don’t hesitate to ask if you have more GP or GPScript related question :wink:

Thank you for the answer and the warm welcome David :slight_smile:. I was just curious because the documentation has a section for Constants but doesn’t go into details. I thought it was worth a chance. I’ll do as you suggested.