Connection with USB midi port is lost

Hello Friends, It has happened to me with Mac M1 and Big Sur that the connection with USB midi port is lost, in fact now I have the problem of losing connection with my M-AUDIO MIDISPORT 4x4, could someone help me?

Sound like a bad USB-B port on the M-AUDIO MIDISPORT 4x4 or bad cable?? Did you try with some other cable?

1 Like

When you reconnect the USB-Cable what do you see in the “Audio-Midi-Setup Window”?

Hi Keyman, The MidiSport 4x4 worked fine and from one moment to another it disconnected, I tried another one that I have and it doesn’t recognize it either, and I also remove it from the list of midi ports. I tried the cable with another computer and all is well. Changed the cable and it doesn’t connect either. Plug the card into a PC and it is immediately recognized. It has happened to me that sometimes it recognizes the equipment and disconnects them after recognizing them.

Hello PianoPaul, after disconnecting, the port was deleted and it does not recognize it again when I install it.

The Midisport connects several keyboard to me so it is a headache

Do a search of “MidiSport 4x4 reviews” and you’ll get some interesting replies. I’d look for another interface.

3 Likes

Hi JPT; Could you be more explicit? I have used this interface for more than 15 years and it never gave me any problems…until now

I made a few searches for reviews on the MidiSport 4x4 and came up with several negative reviews concerning connections and Avid’s reluctance to update drivers, etc. When I encounter stuff like that I start looking at other products.

EDIT: I have to admit I have an old M-AUDIO Fast Track Ultra 8R that did a great job for quite some time. But Avid quit supporting it and I decided to move on.

1 Like

Is it your thought that a device should just work forever? 15 years? 30 years? 90 years? Stuff fails!

And technology changes (and hopefully improves).

Dear, with appreciation, 1.- Midi Port was working until yesterday. 2.- connected to another windows computer works. 3.- the problem is in how Mac manages the midi ports, my search for help is in case someone had something similar happen to them and could help me. I changed to Mac because of the favorable comments and the truth is that I am disappointed

What is in between Mac M1 and M-AUDIO MIDISPORT 4x4?
Do you have a USB-C > USB-B cable?
or a some hub?

Hola Antonio, uso USB-C > USB-B

A typical comment from my mother is, “I don’t understand! It was still working yesterday!”