Chord Pro Images

Also try this: Find the file, right click on it and look at “Location”. Copy the entire “Location” address and paste that into your command along with {image:"…\Capture.jpg"}

Certainly do not prefix the path with “url”, “src”, etc. it’s not html

Re
Also try this: Find the file, right click on it and look at “Location”. Copy the entire “Location” address and paste that into your command along with {image:"…\Capture.jpg"}

I copied the entire location inc image and pasted

Re
Certainly do not prefix the path with “url”, “src”, etc. it’s not html

I tried all sorts of prefixes to get it to work.

Spent hours with all sorts of locations and prefixes on both my GP installs on two different computers.

Thanks for on going help

What version of gig Performer are you running?

Download version on 8 Feb 2020
I assume it’s latest version
Not got pcs in front if me at moment

Win 10 home on 1
And win 10 pro on other

And your used Gig Performer version?

Two pcs are win10 pro
One pc win 10 home single language
All GP versions are 3. 6. 1
Same issue on all three pcs

I apologize…I meant to say right click on the file, click on “Properties”, and look at “Location”. I’m sure you figured that out.
Your first example {image:“C:\Users\simon\Documents\Gig Performer Song Lyrics-Chords\Capture.JPG”} should have worked…as long as that is exactly where the file “Capture.JPG” is located.

OK - so it turns out the problem is related to the use of the wrong kind of double quotes.

{image: "c:/foo/bar/picture.jpg"}

will work but

{image: “c:/foo/bar/picture.jpg”}

will not.

Why? Well, turns out that if you don’t use Discourse’s indentation (i.e. intent the item by at least 3 spaces) so that it’s interpreted as code, then your quotes get converted to curly quotes (look carefully at the quotes in the unindented version above)

So when you paste something with curly quotes, they’re not recognized as regular double-quotes and that’s why the image wasn’t being handled. We’ll have to see if we can handle those curly quotes as well but for now, just watch the quotes :slight_smile:

I see what you’re saying…only I can’t make that happen. No matter where I paste the command, it always looks the same…and it always works. I even copied your second example with the dissimilar quotes. When I pasted, it appeared normal. I guess, to be on the safe side, it would be wise to indent 3 or so spaces. I’m anxious to see if this helps @simusix2.

Oh, we already know this is what was happening - he changed those curly quotes to straight quotes and everything worked!

Yes…I just found that if I wrote the command in a word processor and then copied and pasted it to GP it wouldn’t work. But if I deleted the quotes and re-entered them inside of GP, it would work. It has to be a font problem. As long as you write the command within GP Lyrics editor, everything seems fine.

Yep - the word processor is converting those quotes. Never a good idea to use a word processor for any code related stuff.

1 Like

And for us german guys: Never use “Umlaute” (ä,ö,ü…) in filename or path - will not work either!

Took me 20 minutes to find out :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Then I better not use the French accents either (grave, aigu, circonflexe, tréma, chapeau). :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like