Can't Load Gig File

@LilyM
You could give Spin a try.
https://gg-audio.com/blue3.html

1 Like

@pianopaul l haze been trying out Blue3 and Spin. Actually I’ve been A-Bing Blue3 and VB3II for a while now. Spin is definitely nicer than the Leslie in VB3II. But the Amplitube Leslie is another level. And both plugins sound amazing through it.

As is, neither Blue3 or VB3II while different and nice in their own way, blow me away enough to bother forking over the cash… and I’m quite content sticking with VB3 I… But when Amplitube Leslie goes on sale again, I will definitely be picking it up…

Yes, ok Multimedia Leslie is top.
I use it too.
But it eats much more cpu than Spin.

Right, beside the price, another reason I didn’t buy Amplitube Leslie.

Seems I don’t have Amplitube. As I’m not a guitarist, I’ve never needed it. It’s strange that the Leslie sim needs a guitar based host to make it run. Pity it’s not standalone for keyboard players like me.

You dont need amplitube, there is another Version
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trleslie/

Also good:
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MRotary

And of course this:
http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/multimode_effects/psp_lotary/

Ah, the T Racks version. I didn’t see a demo option, or the chance to buy just one Leslie instead of the whole bundle. Can someone convince me that this Leslie sim is really so far ahead of the one included with VB3 ll?

Yes it is.
The slow speed is similar, but the fast speed is much better.
And the T Racks version has much more models and Amp Sims

I’ve been looking at the options. It seems to me that I have to buy either Amplitude or T Racks before I can run the Leslie sim. Am I correct here? I cannot buy the Leslie sim as a stand-alone plugin?

I dont think you need tracks first.
Best you ask their sales support.

Look here, if I understand well it works also as a single vst module:

Here is a guy testing both t-racks and amplitube Leslie:

amplitube and t-racks Leslie are also available in a bundle collection at IK multimedia…

But I could’nt figure out if there is a downloadable test version available.

@bigalminal With the caveat that I didn’t actually buy it in the end, I would unquestionably say the IK Leslie is absolutely way far ahead of VB3II. It’s just a great creamy tone right off the bat and then the Leslie "effect is WAY better. Personally I find the fast Leslie speed on VB3II unusable. I didn’t buy it primarily because I missed the deadline for the $79 (because it took so long to figure out how to demo) and I’m ok with VB3 I for the moment.

I was only able to figure out how to demo the Leslie with Amplitube.Custom Shop. There is no differentiation between TRacks and Amplitube Leslies,they just have the models and you buy and try them individually. Custom Shop is free

I don’t think there is a difference in actual sound engine of TRacks and Amplitube Leslie and don’t think there are more models in TRacks, but could be wrong.

Her’s something from IK forum

Re: Amplitube versus T-Racks Leslie?

Post|11x9by DarkStar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:41 pm

This is my understanding:

T-RackS Leslie:

– is a single plug-in, which will run in a DAW, T-RackS 5 (the (free) Custom Shop program or a paid-for edition) or the TR5 Suite plug-in,
– the GUI has 3 panels,
– the first panel is for the Setup, Amp and EQ controls
– the second is for selection of amp (from 5) and cab (from 6) and for mic positioning,
– and the third is for mic mixing,
– the Amp controls look generic.

AmpliTube Leslie:

– is 11 separate gear models: 5 Leslie Amps and 6 Leslie rotary-speaker cabinets
– they can only be loaded into the AmpliTube program or plug-in (the free Custom Shop program or a paid-for edition, v4 onwards),
– in AT4 CS the Cab Room GUI will look and be simpler (as for other AT cabinet models),
– the Amp controls are on each AMP GUI, which look like the different models,
– pop-out panels on the Cabs show Cabinet selection, mic mixing, EQ, (and speaker and room browser?),
– you can (when released) download full working models from the AmpliTube Custom Shop and try them out free of charge,
– I presume that they can be mixed and matched with other AT4 gear models.

It is not what the guy in my second video seems to think. And at IK multimedia they sale a bundle called Collection with both the T-racks and Amplitube…

They are identical. Same models, same features, same price.

I finally worked out how to get the demo. I used T Racks CS. When GP scanned for new plugins, it picked the Leslie up fine.
I’m a bit mixed with my opinion after a few minutes playing around with the T Racks Leslie. Keep in mind that I lugged a real Leslie 147 around for a number of years along with a Hammond T500. The T500 just had a single set of draw bars for both 44 note keyboards. But it was a real Hammond with tonewheels. So I feel that I have a good idea of what I like a Leslie to sound like. To be perfectly honest, at this point the TRacks Leslie is hardly better than the VB3 ll version. Sorry to say that after all the good comments. Maybe it’s in the settings, but I will keep playing around with it for a while. I do feel a bit let down. Perhaps my expectations were too high?

Have you tried Blue3 from ggaudio?

I looked at it a while ago David. Have you tried it with the IK Leslie?

I tried Blue 3 with IK Leslie.
When you hear it alone you might think, wow sound really good.
But in a context of a band, I always come back to Blue 3 builtin custom model Leslie.
This thing bites through the band, believe me.

@bigalminal Sorry it didn’t live up to expectations for you.

Saturday night the venue had a B3 and Leslie 147 in their backline and as I had a couple band mates super late for soundcheck, I actually was able to sit and directly compare B3,with VB3, VB3II and Blue3 in my stage setup, with and without Amplitube Leslie.

Number 1 takeaway,…man as great as I think these plugins are, they all fall quite a bit short next to the real thing. Other than that, most of my previous opinions held… the fast speed on VB3II is crazy. Blue 3 came out as most similar to this particular B3, which I think had most to do with the crosstalk… that could probably be adjusted in the VB3s… but I didn’t get into that. It’s a very subtle thing, but for me Blue 3, although more “realistic” on the one hand, had a slightly drier more dead sound, (nothing to do with reverb), while both VB3s seem a bit more alive. Sorry that’s best I can describe it.

Ultimately IK Leslie was the most significant factor, rather than any differences between plugins. I thought it sounded great on all three. As @pianopaul mentioned… I was just playing by myself. It is entirely possible in a band context my opinion could change drastically (that just happened to me with Scarbee ep88).

I did confirm with IK that the TRacks Lelsie runs as a vst and will thus also have much less hit on cpu, relatively to Amplitube…Other than the actual original reason for this thread which I think was my own fault, and the heavy cpu hit, I’ve never had any problems with Amplitube

I think it is difficult to compare a plugin to the real thing because you hear the leslie in the room.
When you put microphones on the leslie and hear that sound via headphones you should be able to compare.
And believe eve me it is very difficult to get a well balanced sound from a leslie, but when you get that sound then it is heaven.