Can't duplicate a block in the wiring screen

@darrylhebert

I’ve just checked with many plugins from different manufacturers and I cannot reproduce.

Your feedback:

1. You use Windows, and this is happening both on your laptop and PC
  2. You’re using the latest version of Gig Performer
  3. You have a high-end PC (Intel i9 running 64 GB of RAM)

Questions:

1. Did this ever work for you — if so, when did it stop working for you? Perhaps a Windows update?
  2. Is this behavior happening to all plugins or just a few ones?

What to try:

1. What happens when you click Edit → Copy and then Edit → Paste; can you see the new block?
  2. Can you please try to change your graphics engine and check if this solved your issue (in Display Options). Try switching to software renderer or OpenGL renderer.

As for the crash, please make sure that you send the crash report with your e-mail.

Maye it does not matter, but I noticed a bahavior in your video.
First the plugin is selected
You click on an empty space and the plugin is deselected.
Then you click in the plugin and it is not selected !
Then you right click in in the popup menu you choose duplicate.

I am wondering why the plugin is not selected before you open the popup menu.

Maybe that is the root cause.

1 Like

@darrylhebert - could you please answer this question below? If you use say a simply Gain Control -= can you still reproduce the problem?

In the videos I posted the plugin is still slected when I choose duplicate, or use Shift+D. It works randomly on my desktop. On my laptop I use the same method and it works every time. In addition, GP4 actually flashes “block duplicated” at the top. thx

It happens to any kind of block. I first noticed it trying to duplicate a midi input block. Again today, the first duplicate attempt for a midi block worked, the second one didn’t. Random

Many thx to all who tried to help me. A special thank you to “npudar”. While duplicating a block only works randomly, the copy and paste function seems to work every time. I’ll just use that,