Button widget and its values (questions and suggestions)

I just played around with a rackspace i made some time ago, where i use three buttons which i forced to act like radio-buttons via GPscript. They switch the resonance parameter of a VST to predefined values (30 / 50 / 75).
Those values are defined in the script and then send to a fader widget which is connected to the corresponding VST-parameter (this is also intended for visualizing the value). So the buttons are not at all connected to any widget or parameter directly - they are just remote elements for my script.

Now i got that idea to just change the max value oft the button widgets to the intended value.
Problem and question no. 1: A button value is only changeable when it is connected to a VST-parameter, why is this?
OK, then i thought i could connect those three buttons to the resonance parameter directly (the they were connected and their values can be changed)… the idea was to set the max values of the three buttons to 30 / 50 / 75, so they could switch the VST to the values they represent.
This led me to problem no. 2:
The value that is actually transmitted by a button (the “Now” value) is not the min or max value but rather the value of the switch state (OFF=0 / ON=100). The result was that the resonance was set to 0 by the first two buttons (30 and 50) and set to full/100 by the third button.
Wouldn’t it make more sense when a button sended out it’s min and max values?
Maybe there could be an additional (boolean) value which just represents the switch state (ON / OFF) regardless of the min/max values?

No reactions at all? Is this so pointless? :thinking:

Hi Erik,

just tested with a LED widget and a Button Widget.
Both are assiged to different drawbars in Blue3.
Min Value = 30
Max Value = 70
When I press the LED or the Button, both are sending the min/max values I specified.
I cannot see any issue you have.