Blocking expression in global rackspace

How do I block 1 expression pedal controller in global rack space?.

I have ik tr5 Leslie in global rackspace and need to block 1 instance of expression reaching it and keep another instance open?

I have 1 pedal to work with

VWith a scriptlet?.. maybe?

With a MIDI Filter plugin?

1 Like

im getting exp data into global rackspace with no midi in blocks so cannot filter anything
exp pedal test filter.gig (18.9 KB)

midi assigns

I don’t understand at all what you mean, could you please elaborate a bit?

paul above said use a midi filter - but there is no midi in block to filter exp pedal.
i have one exp peadal controlling 2 different parameters in a global plug in ,
I want to block one of exp inputs , using a switch

So when you switch off, expression should not move the widget?

If I remove it from rig manager it doesn’t work po

you did not answer

I can only switch it off i I remove it from rig manager.
It’s on all the time global midi monitor

Sorry, I do not understand the problem and what you want to achieve
just upload a small gig and describe, thx

1 Like

Cheers paul, I’ll carry on with this tomz thx

I don’t know what MIDI CC value your expression pedal is sending but you can always just insert a MIDI filter plugin to block a CC message

1 Like

What does that mean? What are these « instances »?

I want to have two (instances)
exp test.gig (54.6 KB)
expression pedals going into tr5 leslie . I want to bypass one on different rack spaces - but i cant find no midi input to bypass.eg there are no midi in blocks ?? I only have one pedal

No midi in blocks in global r space?.
Where is it getting it’s midi from ?

I will try to summarize what I understand from your needs:

1. you have two MIDI hardware expression pedals
  2. you want use this hardware controllers to control two widget pedals in the Global Rackspace
  3. you want both pedal widgets to controll the Leslie speed parameter of a Leslie plugin
  4. for some reason you want one of the two pedals to have the ability to be disabled (using a switch widget), so that if the user acts on that pedal when it is disabled, the pedal should not change the speed of the Leslie

Can you invalidate, confirm or clarify the previous propositions?

Also, could you elaborate a bit on your use case?
When do you need to inhibit one of the two pedals?
Why in your configuration do you need to inhibit one pedal while the other one still allows you to control the speed of the Leslie?

I have the feeling that there is something you don’t fully explain and that you are therefore restricting the possible solutions to the only possibility you can imagine. :thinking:

I also have the feeling that you are mixing the concepts of host automation (a way to control plugins via their parameters exposed to the host plugin) and MIDI communication (the way to control hardware instruments that some plugins also support). Am I wrong? :face_with_monocle:

Now my simple solution:

Why not use widgets in the local rackspace and assign the to the global widgets?
So one rackspace has widgets to control expression and another rackspace does not have the widgets.

Yes, of course, if that’s what he wants to achieve, which I’m not sure yet…