B3 comparison

What list?

The White or the Black List ?

Yes. This is the problem
I have only 1 instance of the VB3 loaded and it still resets the setting to off

That I did not notice.
But maybe another gig file overwrites the outside stored settings.

Indeed, I also noticed that settings in VB3 in a certain rackspace can have impact on other instances of VB3 in other rackspaces. Actually I used this to directly assign one of my footpedals to the leslie speed in VB3 which then works in all rackspaces.

Could this mean that GP is constantly ‘fighting’ with VB3 over all the settings? (and in my case cause the crashing of GP)

That is no fight of GP.
When the plugin stores settings outside of the plugin state, then GP can do nothing.

Today I finished testing and purchased the VB3-II.
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I use VB3-II. The only crashes I had were when I tried to use widgets to send patch change messages. This would cause Gig Performer to crash on loading the gig file often. Once I removed these widgets and created separate rackspaces for all my organ presets the problem went away.

As I have that plugin, can you please upload a small gig, I could ceck?

I no longer have those gig files. Fixed it over a year ago, but it should be easy to replicate.
Use a single rackspace using the VST3 version of the plugin. Setup 8 widget buttons and assign them to send different patch change numbers to the VB3-II. The VST3 version has patch change controller defined that you can select and assign.
These widget buttons will work as expected, but the loading of the gig itself frequently crashed.

Hi.
On stage I use VB3ii for the simple reason that it’s the only one I’ve found that allows me to map the two sets of draw bars on my cx3 to the two sets for the upper manual. I don’t use the internal Leslie sim however, but use IK’s Leslie. At home i’ve used this set up and sometimes the IK Hammond or acousticsamples B5. They both sound good to me. I have arturia’s and demoed the Blue one. Didn’t like either. (Not that it means much, but for reference sake, I’ve been playing B3 since I got mine in ~1975. Still have it along with the 122 I had from before with my porta-B and a 147. As well as a motion sound speaker, a speakeasy Leslie preamp, a ventilator pedal… well, you get the idea.)

1 Like

Blockquote

I did some testing:

1. changed the setting values of VB3and saved the Gigfile. Closed GP4
  2. opened MainStage and created a concert. Opened VB3 and changed values in settings (different ones). Saved and closed MS
  3. opened GP and loaded the Gigfile from 1). The recalled settings in VB3 are from MS, not from the stored gig File.
  4. changed the settings in GP again. and saved the file
  5. opened MS again, but MS remembered the correct values (last stored in MS) not the values in GP.

When changing setting-values in VB3, saved the GP. Closed GP, Opened GP again, reload the gigfile > the settings are not saved. Seems GP is not saving the settings. In my testing I noticed that MS does saving the settings.

Does this make any sense?

PS: I use the AU version

I contacted the developer and he confirmed that this setting are stored outside and not as part of the plugin.
I asked him if he could imagine to do that, we will see…

1 Like

BTW: GSI confirmed the graphics bug in Big Sur. But they can not confirm any release date for an update this year, yet.

Not only in Big Sur, but also on Catlina.

What happens if you use the VST version?

Same problem. MS is saving the global settings and (in my case) GP isn’t saving the global settings when saving the gigfile

you should contact the developer

@Keyflow what settings are affected? I’ve not investigated further: are all settings behind the Organ/Amp&FX/Settings affected or just the dedicated “Settings” settings?

BBB

Just the global settings. the other settings changes (Organ/Amp&fx) are saved correctly.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same experiences and if our developers understand why MS does save/recall the changes and GP doesn’t. I will contact GSI

I’m still a little confused ---- what do you mean by “global settings”? Is that different than the plugin state?

Is the plugin state being saved? With AU? With VST?