Audio player for live playback

Im thinking of using the audio file player for track playback in my band instead of ableton live. Does anybody do this and is it rock solid.

I did in the past and it is just working perfect.
But the used Files (WAV or AIFF or MP3) consume memory.
When you are doing this you should think about predictive load.

But I switched back to Ableton Live because the band sometime decides to shorten a song or play in a different tempo :wink:

I also use Midi Tracks to control my VJ Software.
This could be done also with Toontrack EZ-Player within Gig Performer, but I like to have 1 place where all my backing and Midi tracks are consolidated.

I run tracks at the moment on ableton within the same computer anyway so the memory useage of the wav files would be the same anyway.

I dont think so.
Ableton Live streams from disk, I think
Audioplayer does not.

Indeed it does stream. Allows transpositions, BPM changes, loops, etc…

Of course didnt think of that. Ill have to keep that in mind

Maybe this is worth for an enhancement request for Audioplayer.

We’re already aware of such needs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I run Audioplayer for my backing tracks (drums, bass, and SFX). I use those with another GP instance. Also they are in-sync with my gig because they communicate over PC midi commands.
Running Audioplayer for me is solid, but there is still place for improvement.
For example triggering samples without waiting for the master lane to finish, more stereo audio outputs, instead of 4. You can of course duplicate those but your work spaces rapidly become cluttered.
It would be great to enhance the back view, maybe using scrolling over the windows in order to go beyond the limits of the borders of the back spaces, or maybe be able to minimize the blocks.

Yeh, i requested audio player to be able to synch to tap tempo a while ago, twould be nice. :slight_smile: