Audio Interface disconnect problem

I’ll experiment with that.

Yes it continues playing when the interface is plugged back in, but the red screen continues![image|487x500]
(upload://meTZiP9O7DgGXYojYh7y0R8sCuV.jpeg)

When trying to close with the upper right “X”

Windows 10

Yes. The red screen stays for ages and I usually give up and reload manually. So annoying when I have a large gigfile that takes 3 or 4 minutes to load, then bump my Surface dock by mistake and have to go through the whole load process again.

My RME Babyface Pro and GP recovers prefectly after a few seconds, after hot unplug and reconnect. Tested several times in the last weeks.

Windows 10, ultimate performance energy scheme, latest RME drivers.

2 Likes

I’ll have to check my drivers for sure!

1 Like

Does it depend on the size of the gigfile?

I used to use a babyface pro rme and it also had disconnect problems and i spoke to the rme guys and they told me to hook it to a power supply and not rely on usb and it fixed all issues. I ending up upgrading to the ucx anyway as needed more ins and outs

1 Like

No, I pumped up my gig file by copying some heavy-loaded rackspaces many times, up to 40 rackspaces, 16 GB in memory. No difference. Babyface recovers after a couple of seconds.

Works without power supply for me. May depend on Windows settings … who knows …

I updated to the latest driver and still no difference…GP won’t re-open. Really not a big worry…my USB connections are fairly snug. I guess I could do a little more of the PC performance adjustments. Stay tuned…

I’m getting confused over the latest driver. Is it 1210 or 1168? According to the RME website, 1168 is it. Can I have a link please?

It’s the 1.20. Go to www.rme-audio.com. Under Support and Downloads they have the drivers and a firmware update.

Thank you. I don’t the firmware is relevant though (it’s very old).

1 Like

Thought I’d chime in since I’ve been having the same issue for a while and it’s gotten worse - now when the interface is disconnected, GP goes red and within seconds I get BSOD. Windows says it collects info and hangs at 100%, after which I have to do a hard reboot.

If I can remember to turn off GP before I power down my rig, I’m set - more of an issue when I’m practicing than anything else. But I’d rather not deal the BSOD… (“hey doc, it hurts when I do this”)

I’m using a Dell XPS15 running Windows 10 Home v10.019042. My interface is a Line 6 Helix.

I had the same problem with may Focusride Scarlett 4i4, the sound suddenly stops, GP goes red and within seconds I get the BSOD. The service of Focusride let me install their newest Beta-Software and since then I never had a BSOD again. Now I am able to disconnect the focusride myself without BSOD (I tested it several times), GP goes red and I had to stop it with the Taskmanager, but after that I can start GP again and it runs.

I also have the exact same problem
Rme latest drivers win 10
Tried everything, Pwd hubs etc

Do you use the original USB cable from RME? The only issue I had with my UCX was because I tried to optimize my hardware wiring and bought a no name cable from Amazon… it took me weeks until I came to replace this cable…

Yes use the one that came with it, tried 3 different pwd usb brands and tried different USB ports on pc

Just to be sure, what is exactly your own issue?

Red disconnect screen , unplugged rme and reconnected, made no difference, GP would not shut down, had to restart PC