Audio file player sync to bar

Are your samples all the exact right length that they will loop and still be in time with the global click bpm?

Yes, they are

Iā€™ve made a lot of changes (now V10). Iā€™ve gone back to standard widgets as it was definitely a pain to do the play/stop icons and colour changes. So itā€™s back to function over form.

• It has 4 audio player blocks, and only the first track/lane of each audio player is used. This way each audio track can have an independent loop length.
  • The main controls are the quantized play and stop widgets. They will start or stop the loop on the next bar.
  • The ā€˜INITā€™ widgets on the far right are to be used if you want to use Variations to trigger the loops. When the variation loads it will use these settings to play/stop the loops on the next bar.

SyncPlayQuantizeV10.gig (108.2 KB)

5 Likes

Ok wow! Thats it!
This is exactly what I was looking for.

In case I need more than 4 samples, can I easily duplicate the audio file players?

Thank you so much!!!

It wouldnā€™t be easy for you to add more without figuring out my script. How many tracks are you looking for?

Are you sure you donā€™t want to use Live for this? Itā€™s fairly easy to get GP to send midi messages out to Live to trigger clips (e.g. you can add Song parts for the sections of your song and use the Song Part Properties to specify what midi messages to send).

Otherwise youā€™re at the mercy of my scripting ability (or lack thereof). And it comes without warranty!

Hi,

Iā€™m thinking about 2 another tracks for samples.
But you are right of course.
I should think about using Live.

Thanks again!

Hi, I read your posts and am wondering if there is a tutorial how to use backing tracks in Audio file player for a guitarist to activate one of the backing tracks and get different sounds in different song parts (intro, verse, chorus)? If possible without a midi controller?
Is the GP Audio file player the best way for this, or is it better to use Ableton live (and how)? I searched many video tutorials but canā€™t find how to achieve thisā€¦ā€¦

Welcome @gmorssink68!
A few questions:
When you say ā€˜different sounds in different song partsā€™ - are you talking about different backing tracks in each part, or different guitar sounds (and the one single backing track per song)?

Do you want all of the song part changes (for guitar sounds) completely automated e.g. so when the backing track reaches a certain time, the switch should automatically happen?

How many songs are you looking to incorporate?

Hi @rank13 , thanks for your fast reply. I understand your questions, sorry I was not more specific.
I would like to have one backing track per song, and for my guitar different rack spaces to start automaticly for the different parts verse, chorus etc. in the backing track. So that I can concentrate on playing as I still have to practise a lot :slight_smile:
I know I can load 8 backing tracks, and use more then one Audio File Player.
I just finished another hour tutorial GP which was very interesting as usual. But unfortunately also without information about this subject.

There is not currently a standard feature in GP to trigger changes at certain points in a timeline.

An option does exist in GP Script that will allow you to define actions at a certain bar:beat (assuming the GP playhead is running). Using GP Script to do this would require you to work out the bar:beat of your changes in relation to the audio file.

The Midi File Player could also be used to run a ā€˜control trackā€™ that would send certain CC messages that would trigger the song part to change. This would require you to create this midi track in another application and save/export it so that it could be loaded into the Midi File Player.

Otherwise, Ableton Live can be used to manage the backing tracks, and potentially a midi control track that would trigger the song part changes. It would need the use of virtual midi ports for the midi messages from Live to be received by GP.

Maybe he could also use a widgetā€™s value which is connected with the playhead position.
So if the playhead/widget reaches a certain position you could trigger an action - but as you said: Only with scripting!

Hi @rank13 and @schamass , thanks for your help and info! Maybe in future GP will get an update to work this way with backing tracks. For now Iā€™ll use the midi footcontroller in combination with NextSongPart commands to switch the local Rackpanels for a song during the playback of an audio track. That way I donā€™t have to press too many pedals at ones when changing to other effects. And will be practising all the features of GP!

Using an FCB1010 with UNO chip to send the NextSongpart, PreviousSongpart, Next Song and Previous Song messages in GP, I have to push the pedal twice for each Next- or PreviousSongpart action. Identical edited as Next Song and Previous Song, but for these messages pressing ones is enough. Does anyone know the reason? FCB1010 pedals 1 tm 4, programmed as CC 101 tm 104 value 127.

What is shown in the Global MIDI Monitor Window?

You should configure your button so it sends 127 when pressed and 0 when released. Then set the momentary to latch and you should be good to go

Thanks @pianopaul and @dhj . After changing the CC on AND off command both to 127, pressing the pedal twice is not necessary anymore.

Hi @schamass Iā€™m using the Audiofileplayer Global Rack that you designed. Do you know if itā€™s possible to program two midi pedals to go to the next or the previous audio track? Or do I have to program eight pedals on my footcontroller, one for each audio track?

It makes no sense to use the same value for both up and down - you wonā€™t be able to use the same buttons for other purposes (e.g. if you want a sustain pedal or to temporarily bypass a plugin while the button is pressed )
You should configure the buttons to 127 down and 0 up.

Can you plesae give me a link to which one exactly you meant? :nerd_face:

Ok I changed a parameter in the FCB1010ā€™s setup, and now it seems to work with 127 and 0 button configuration. Thanks!