Audio Blocks - Audio Setup Issue

I use an XR18 as my audio interface, which has 18 ins / outs

If I edit my Audio setup to include an additional input or output, then this can corrupt connections on existing Rackspaces. E.g. If I have output to channels 13 and 14 originally, then edit audio setup to include channel 12, then existing outputs get mapped to 12 & 13, rather than staying on 13 & 14

The audio blocks are aware of the physical channels being used on the interface, so it seems like the re-mapping of channels after changing audio setup is ignoring this, and mapping using the index of the internal channels created by Gigperformer

I can make a video to demonstrate, but first wondered if there’s perhaps a known workaround.

Thanks,

Matt

Are you on Windows or Mac?

Sorry, Windows 11, GP v 4.5.8

I expect it is normal behaviour of audio apps to use the port index, rather than physical number/name, unless you have found this isn’t the case in other apps?

Regardless, is there anything preventing you from always having all inputs/outputs active in GP?

Perhaps, I can’t really say.

The reason I don’t have all channels available in GP is that some channels on the XR18 are used for analogue inputs from outboard gear. I changed my setup recently and added a channel for use by GP and then discovered all my rackspaces were now outputting to the wrong channels.

As the physical channel numbers are available to gig performer audio blocks, I would have thought it would be possible to maintain the correct mapping when changing available ins /outs - I guess this behaviour could be an opt in, rather than default, if people expect it not to work that way.