Apple Silicon M1

i don’t know the internal set-up from GP … but I think it is not to different …

The Main Rackspace could hold only the key widget you need (with a link to the widgets in the sub rackspaces and in the Sub rackspaces you have all the details and may be more widgets you usually don’t need. Eg a B3 rackspace or a Synth Rackspace

Within the Main Rackspace you only combine the different modules / Tabs like a FOH mixer.

Yes, and the different modules (as you name them) are rackspaces.
Now only 1 rackspace is active and in the rackspaces you place your plugins.

Your suggestion to combine modules would mean use rackspaces in parallel.

You are right … it would mean to use rackspaces in parallel – but that is what the Multi instance option today already provides … OR ??

I only think the many cores within the M1 would open the way to extend this option and make it easer to use without extra SW and with a more integrated UI across the different instances …

New year - new wishes and new goals. :grinning:

Multi Instance is the option to start Gig Performer completely separat as an additional program.
With all preferences separated for each started instance.

interesting ! but:
what does “rendering” means in this context ?

i´ve not used any sample lybrary based plugins so far,
nor have i stumbled over any “rendering” functionality within GP,
so thats a new one for me :wink:

does this mean, if somebody would use several instruments from kontakt in realtime play,
that this could or would be processed over several cores of a M1 mac ?

For the heating/overheating question versus the M1Air is this all quite interesting.

Using only VST-FX or NON-Sample based VST instruments means that GP3 is running on just one Core, right ?..or not ?

For my understanding:
Use mutliple Instuments in 1 Kontakt instance and with multicore support Kontakt uses more than 1 core.

1 Like

This is not a question of Sample based Instruments or Not.
Diva for example has an option to use Mulitple Cores too.
And Diva is not Sample based.

January 27, 2020

### Diva 1.4.4 (revision 9709)

**Improvements**:

* Mac installer notarized (Catalina)
* Improved performance on multicore systems
1 Like

ok, interesting !
so the VST (instrument) and its own settings are the determing factor here,
overriding the GP3´s own “policy” here, it seems.

makes so far for my own uses no difference then.
But its good to understand !

Thanks

hmmm,
could this mean that if i use bluecats “patchwork” as a VST ( respecivly “late replies”, also from BC), loaded into GP3, …that this could override the one Core only thing of GP, too ?

i have two VST FX that i can´t make working in GP3 on the M1mac,
but using “late replies” or “patchwork” (which is itself a VST-Host) makes it possible to integrate these VST FX into GP3.
—> But could this turn a trick to use more than one CPU Core within one GP3 instance,
while dealing with VST-FX ??
@djogon

(edit: …has disadvantages vs. midi mapping, just to say)

I have tried Diva and MulitCores but was not happy … from time to time i got some audio glitches … I think this happens when the cores are not exclusive used by Diva … eg some other plugins or the activity monitor… but may be its only my old two core Mac…

Noisy from Expressive-E also does support Multicore/MultiTread
( I made the suggestion and they did implement :wink: but not many allow that)

anybody interested in the M1Macs should read this, from blueCat audio:

with the final sentence:

So if you still have a doubt that laptops with software can replace high-end hardware audio processors, try these new Apple Silicon Macs: they are simply incredible for this job!<<

thats what i´m doing. Its how it is. it is incredible.
guess they meant something Event…FX…box type of things, lol

…also thanks to gigperformer3 ! …since its a HUGE part of that equation.
The puzzle is together.

i´ll add also my presonus Quantum2626 audio interface, which stll can cause problems,
but it IS part of that über awesome package.

3 Likes